PDA

View Full Version : Colour matching airbrush paints.

Capn Stoogey
04-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Hi guys. I'm starting a project using codex grey, or vallejos cold grey, as the new GW colours don't match up to the old ones anywhere near what they claimed they would. Anyway, I'm thinking of using Vallejo air or minitaire paints to do the big things like vehicles and I was wondering if anyone could tell me which paints in that those ranges match up closest to codex/cold grey? I've looked through several pictures on a few online shops but from the pics I can't tell which ones match up well.
Thanks for any help :)

Defenestratus
04-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Hi guys. I'm starting a project using codex grey, or vallejos cold grey, as the new GW colours don't match up to the old ones anywhere near what they claimed they would. Anyway, I'm thinking of using Vallejo air or minitaire paints to do the big things like vehicles and I was wondering if anyone could tell me which paints in that those ranges match up closest to codex/cold grey? I've looked through several pictures on a few online shops but from the pics I can't tell which ones match up well.
Thanks for any help :)

Do what i do - use the normal paints thinned down to run through the airbrush.

Capn Stoogey
04-12-2013, 12:27 AM
Yeah, I'm still an airbrush noob and was trying to save myself more clogged nozzles from not thinning properly. I know I should just learn and practice but hey, I can be kinda lazy sometimes...

Pssyche
04-12-2013, 06:13 AM
This Link might help...

http://www.evicerator.com/vallejotogwconversiontable.htm

oink
04-13-2013, 02:13 AM
If you go to www.acrylicosvallejo.com then you should be able to find a vallejo equivalence pdf which may help you work out which grey to go with. I'll be honest, I'm in EXACTLY the same boat as you as I am looking to paint new models in codex grey, using an airbrush but am not happy with the colour match of citadel paints.

FYI I'm looking at the sea grey trio. (but havent gone through the equivalence sheet yet)