PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Grey Knight - Mordrak / Librarian

Kyle Gaddy
04-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Hi there! I just finished making this list to try out at my club on game night. If some of the weapon choices are silly, it is because I am trying to utilize the models that I personally own, without taking any proxies. However, I do think that it might be a good army composition.

The plan is to drop 2 servo skulls a little behind where I will be placing Modrak. I will use grand strategy (different depending on the game type) to make the Vinid, Purifiers, and/or Purgation scoring, then drop Mordrak behind enemy lines to soak up some fire (but not to much fire) and shield the servo skull. Turn 2, I can modify my reserve rolls due to Mordrak to get my Librarian and Stormraven in more times than not. Deepstrike the Librarian and next to servo skull, close to Mordrak to use case specific spells to dish out the pain. My Purifiers will be inside of the Stormraven, then fly into the enemy, drop out the 4 incinerators out front and have a BBQ. I have the Purgation squad in the Psyback to get within shooting range of the enemy or camp on an objective. I park the Psyback sideways and unload behind it for cover since the Purgation squad has Astral Aim (came up with this all on my own, even though I'm a total noob). I can either hide or footslog the troops (10x SS and 5x Termies), but I plan on using the summoning in turn 3 to summon both groups at the same time (did some forum hunting and a lot of people agree that this is allowed). The Vindicare will set up camp somewhere and go to town with Precision Shot / TurboPen. Rest of the game will probably entail bad rolling and lots of face palming, but hey, at least I had a plan right? Let me know your thoughts.

Last note: I have 9 Purifiers and 9 Strike Squad + a Justicar for total of 10 in each squad. Also, the program that I use to add up army points had two flaws in this list - it made me pay an extra 40pts for a Terminator in my troop squad and it has the wrong point value for the servo skulls (5pts each instead of 3pts each).

HQ
Librarian: Psyker (Mastery Level 3); Quicksilver; Might of Titan; Sanctuary; The Summoning; Warp Rift; Nemesis warding stave (master-crafted); 2× servo-skulls; digital weapons; Empyrean brain mines. 286
Grand Master Mordrak 320
• 3 Ghost Knights

Elite
Vindicare Assassin 145
9 Purifiers: Knight of the Flame (Nemesis Daemon hammer (master-crafted)); 4× incinerator; 5× Nemesis force halberd. 261

Troops
9 Grey Knights: Justicar (Nemesis Daemon hammer (master-crafted)); 4× Nemesis force sword; 4× Nemesis force halberd; psybolt ammunition.255
5 Terminators: Terminator Justicar (Nemesis force halberd); 3× storm bolter; psycannon; 4× Nemesis force halberd. 265

Fast Attack
Stormraven Gunship: side-sponson hurricane bolters; psybolt ammunition. 255

Heavy Support
5 Grey Knights: Justicar (Nemesis Daemon hammer); 4× psycannon. 255
• Razorback: psybolt ammunition.

2,042 points (read note above)

Morriak