PDA

View Full Version : Lost Vyper Missions Test Play II

Lost Vyper
04-08-2013, 02:42 AM
Hello!

On saturday, we test played Lost Vyper WH40K-missions. I played Eldar (of course!) and my friend had BA,GK or BA/GK.

First we played this one :

1. GO!GO!GO!

Turbulence has cut all of the communications. Unnatural storm is affecting every comm-links and radars are all over the place. No intelligence or scout infomation has been received, so you are going in blind, but so is your enemy...

Objectives 1d3+1 are worth 3p

In this mission, you must place JUST third (rounding up) of your army on the table. No outflanking reserves and ALL of the drop pods must drop at turn 1.

Reserve rolls after this are now:

Turn 2 Reserves arrive on 5+
Turn 3 Reserves arrive on 4+
Turn 4 Reserves arrive on 3+
Turn 5 Reserves arrive on 3+

if the game continues

Turn 6 Reserves arrive on 2+
Turn 7 Reserves arrive automatically

Warlord traits which affect on normal reserve rolls are no good and are re-rolled from the traits table. If a character has an ability to re-roll/+1 etc. to reserves, they are still useable. Night fighting is automatically in effect in Turns 1-2. All scatter rolls are affected by the storm, add +2 to every scatter roll result (on direct hit, use small arrow to point the direction).

First Blood, Slay The Warlord, Line breaker, Night Fighting, Mysterious Objectives

Normal game length

It was brutal for Eldar...i got wiped out on this one, my Walkers didn´t even all got in to the game. Still an ok mission, really favors the Drop Pod -armies, or an army, without Outflanking units. I would play this one again.

Second one was this:

6. The Final Conflict

Only two factions from each army´s left after a devastating war, which has left this planet barren. Decades of fighting has caused so many victories & losses, slayings and bombings, that only thing remaining is revenge. No more reserves is coming from the skies, everything that is left is on the battlefield and ready for that last push.

This is a KP (Kill point) mission. Every fully destroyed unit (or Immobilized vehicle) is worth 1KP.

Deployment:

Every unit must start in the table. No reserves. If Drop Pods are used, everything arrives in turn 1.

Dawn of War deployment type.

Slay The Warlord, Line Breaker, First Blood, Night Fighting

Normal game length

Huh, what can i say...again Eldar got the short stick and i lost the match. This might be the one, which works on smaller games, but it is double the brutality of the previous one. This needs work, and i don´t know, if i´m trying this one again.

Third game was this one, and i shot a BATREP from it, so i don´t tell the result :) :

3. The Assassins

Two war bands collide in a destroyed city. This is a covert operation, the first blood of a war, which will engulf the whole planet. Surgical strike is needed, to cut enemy´s leaders down and to make a critical damage on the chosen units before they can gain a foothold in this Ground Zero...

HQ´s are worth 2p (3p / 4p if killed in a challenge). In the beginning of this game, throw a die twice and see the results on this table. If the same result comes up, roll again.

1 = Troop units are now worth 1p
2 = Elite units are now worth 1p
3 = Fast Attack units are now worth 1p
4 = Heavy units are now worth 1p
5 = Throw again for a result 1-4 + every transport is worth 1p
6 = HQ´s are now worth 3p

Normal deployment and reserves and game length

First Blood, Slay The Warlord, Line breaker, Night Fighting

This was so much fun! We had Elites and HQ´s as KP units, HQ was worth 3p and Elites 1p. It was a tight match and this i can recommend to everybody! When you know, who you are going after, it creates "suicidal units" (of course after the FB), who´s only mission, is to assassinate the target. Troop units were assaulting CC units just to get a point, basic strategies were outta window and it was just fluffy fighting!

Now i have tried almost all of the new missions and the second one (Hold Your Ground) and the Assassins are my favorites.

Try them out and tell me what you think!