PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Tau - Updating my old army

DrLove42
04-08-2013, 02:21 AM
So after a game or two against new Tau, i figured it'd write my list for bringing my 4th ed Tau into line with the new book.

I have most of the models already so just need a few updates here and there. Typing this up from memory so may miss a few bits here and there

HQ

Fireblade, 2 Gun Drones

Commander Suit, Iridium Armour, Shield Generator, Drone Controller, Cyclic Ion Blaster, Missile Pod, 2 Marker Drones

Bodyguard Unit. 2 Suits, one missile pod and one flamer each

Troops

12 Firewarriors, Shas'ui
7 Firewarriors, Shas'ui, Markerlight and Target Lock
7 Fire Warriors, Shas'ui, Markerlight and Target Lock

Elites
Riptide, Hvy Burst Cannon, Plasma Rifles, AA and Interceptor

Fast Attack
5 Pathfinders, Shas'ui and a Rail Rifle
5 Pathfinders, Shas'ui and a Rail Rifle

Hvy Support
Hammerhead, Longstrike, Seeker Missile, Submunitions, SMS, Disruption Pod
Hammerhead, Seeker Missile, Submunitions, SMS, Disruption Pod

Defence Line, Quadgun

Thats 1500. At higher amounts I add Broadsides (2 Rail, 1 Missile) and use left over points to bulk Pathfinders and Fire Warriors

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
04-08-2013, 05:03 AM
Wow, someone took a battlesuit commander?

Neelam
04-08-2013, 07:11 AM
Wow, someone took a battlesuit commander?

Why wouldn't you?

ElectricPaladin
04-08-2013, 07:19 AM
Why wouldn't you?

I plan to. They're good!

Also, this list seems very good. A good example of how the new codex can function more or less the same way the old codex did, only you know, with functioning. I expect a lot of our lists will look like this at first. I'd love to hear how it goes when you get to play it!

DrLove42
04-08-2013, 07:27 AM
Missed the Defence Line and Quadgun out of the original....

I'm hoping to get a game or 2 with a little proxying in on Friday

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
04-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Why wouldn't you?

Because of how abusable other character options are. I, for one, have Darkstrider and a Fireblade.

Neelam
04-08-2013, 07:50 AM
So, 2x Characters that will go down instantly to any incinerator / hellhound for a free Slay the Warlord.....

DrLove42
04-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love the Fireblade and I love Darkstrider.

I jsut want a XV88 in there not for fluffyness, but cos I like the deepstrike threat unit.

Darkstrider is brilliant. Combine him with a Grav drone to reduce enemy charge, put them in cover and they will likely never get charged

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
04-08-2013, 08:01 AM
@Neelam Hence why those kinds of threat are priority targets for ALL THE GUNS IN THE ARMY. If you are within range of a Hellhound then you're doing it wrong.

@DrLove42 I love that little tactic.

Don't get me wrong guys, I love Crisis suits, but no one in Shrewsbury seems to want to run them. The mentality here is cheaper characters, more guys.

I've made my Crisis Commander; Shas'O Rhi'tel Mekrisho Va'nui (Commander Lightbringer)
He's quite cheesy.