PDA

View Full Version : So about the "Onager Fist"

Aspire to Glory
04-06-2013, 12:42 PM
"The onager is a large member of the genus Equus of the family Equidae native to the deserts of Syria, Iran, Pakistan, India, Israel, and Tibet. It is also known as the Asiatic wild ***, Asian wild ***, or wild Asian ***."

The Tau have crafted The Donkey Punch.

I am now honor bound to equip one always.

Aspire to Glory
04-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Ha BoLS censored the *** word

Mr Mystery
04-06-2013, 12:45 PM
I thought it was a comedy reference to onanism....

Still. Fisting tanks to death remains appealing!

gcsmith
04-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Got told off in GW today for saying it's called Donkey punch

Aspire to Glory
04-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Got told off in GW today for saying it's called Donkey punch

Haha nice.

gcsmith
04-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Haha nice.

I turned around and said thats what it means in the codex, if GW didn't want it called that, don't put it in the book.

Tyrendian
04-06-2013, 01:49 PM
well an Onager is also a kind of medieval catapult if i'm not entirely mistaken (at least in german...) but Donkey Punch is waaay better, I'll give you that! :D

Phototoxin
04-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Onager is a sort of crossbow mounted catapult that throws shrapnel ?

Also should have just been called a 'knuckle bomb' like in Bubblegum Crisis...

Aspire to Glory
04-06-2013, 04:34 PM
well an Onager is also a kind of medieval catapult if i'm not entirely mistaken (at least in german...) but Donkey Punch is waaay better, I'll give you that! :D

Yep. Still a donkey punch. :D

Uncle Nutsy
04-06-2013, 09:15 PM
You! commander!

take this flamer, this gauntlet, and the failsafe detonator.. and then run to that tank!

Malcontent
04-06-2013, 09:35 PM

Yup, but the weapon was named after the way that it kicks like the animal.

Wildeybeast
04-07-2013, 08:09 AM
Poor simple Gue'la. Your clumsy human tongues and primitive vocal chords can barely manage the simplest words of our glorious language. If you choose to crudely mangle it into confusing and/or amusing translations in your barbaric 'High Gothic', it is yet another sign of your unenlightened ways and the pressing need to bring the glory of the Greater Good to your backward lives.

Anggul
04-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Poor simple Gue'la. Your clumsy human tongues and primitive vocal chords can barely manage the simplest words of our glorious language. If you choose to crudely mangle it into confusing and/or amusing translations in your barbaric 'High Gothic', it is yet another sign of your unenlightened ways and the pressing need to bring the glory of the Greater Good to your backward lives.

They say as they punch a tank Tyranid-style.

Wildeybeast
04-07-2013, 10:30 AM
They say as they punch a tank Tyranid-style.

The wise learn to adapt to change.

LordGrise
04-07-2013, 05:54 PM

Wildey, clearly the Apocalypse is nigh... I'm agreeing with you wholeheartedly.