PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Tau Deepstrike idea

gcsmith
04-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Farsight, and Shadowsun in a unit of 7 bodyguard all with 1 twinklinked flamer and 1 normal flamer... Thats 14 templates, 7 of which are twinlinked. Against a charge that is 14d3 hits, again 7 twinlinked and if that isn't enough you get +3 to cover saves and if you drop a twin linked flamer on 1 suit, you can get hit and run... Just... Wow.

The non hit and run version is 629
Hit and run is exactly the same.

Not a unit I would take normally, but could be fun, very anti orks.

Oh and they don't scatter from deepstriking, can outflank/infiltrate and get 3d6 assault phase move... Kinda fun.

Just want to say, I call this Unit, Puretides flame.

Panxer
04-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Does it say in the new book that shadowsun and faright could fight in the same army? The old dex you couldnt...

gcsmith
04-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Does it say in the new book that shadowsun and faright could fight in the same army? The old dex you couldnt...

No restriction enemy more.

memnarch_129
04-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Unless its been changed in the new codex, Ive looked at a lot of the pics floating around but havnt looked for this specific possibility, you cant have three of the same weapon system in hardpoints. You can have a single in one slot or a twin-linked in two slots, wish I could buy two separate ones in two slots, but you cant have three of the same weapon system on a suit.

gcsmith
04-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Unless its been changed in the new codex, Ive looked at a lot of the pics floating around but havnt looked for this specific possibility, you cant have three of the same weapon system in hardpoints. You can have a single in one slot or a twin-linked in two slots, wish I could buy two separate ones in two slots, but you cant have three of the same weapon system on a suit.

The mention of "Cannot have two of the same weapon" has been removed.

rpricew
04-05-2013, 06:44 PM
What about models move at the speed of the slowest model? Does Shadowsun's special 3d6 ability confer to her unit or just her and her drones?

Panxer
04-05-2013, 07:22 PM
You could have two of the same weapon in the old dex...it was considered twin linked...3 you couldn't, but otherwise it was koesher

And in the old dex shadowsun couldn't be attached to anyone unless her drones were dead...that change too?

gcsmith
04-06-2013, 12:28 AM
You could have two of the same weapon in the old dex...it was considered twin linked...3 you couldn't, but otherwise it was koesher

And in the old dex shadowsun couldn't be attached to anyone unless her drones were dead...that change too?

The rule saying no 3 of a weapon or no twinlinked and single is gone, and she can join a squad now as well.

Uncle Nutsy
04-06-2013, 01:41 AM
The mention of "Cannot have two of the same weapon" has been removed.

yes! I can now equip the crisis suits the way I want.

Dual plasma anyone?

gcsmith
04-06-2013, 02:15 AM
yes! I can now equip the crisis suits the way I want.

Dual plasma anyone?

Sorry, I meant three

Magpie
04-06-2013, 02:24 AM
What about models move at the speed of the slowest model?

That doesn't apply in 6th Ed anymore, you just have to remain in coherency.

Sam
04-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Oh and they don't scatter from deepstriking, can outflank/infiltrate and get 3d6 assault phase move... Kinda fun.

Not scattering and moving 3d6 for your jet pack move are both Warlord traits, and you only get one Warlord. You get one or the other, but not both.

Tynskel
04-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Not scattering and moving 3d6 for your jet pack move are both Warlord traits, and you only get one Warlord. You get one or the other, but not both.

Ah, but you can get a homing beacon in a pathfinder squad...

Uncle Nutsy
04-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Sorry, I meant three

s'ok. I read the entry. They still twinlink. Having four shots total at rapidfire range from two weapons was a nice idea though.

I'm still going to run twinlinked something with another weapon. Probably burst cannons with a single plasma now.