PDA

View Full Version : Corax is back - and he's angry.

Wildeybeast
04-04-2013, 05:02 AM
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/Product/DefaultBL/xlarge/Corax-Soulforge.jpg

A quick PSA here for all RG and HH fans. BL are releasing their latest limited edition novella, featuring the best legion & the best Primarch, smacking the Dark Mechanicum upside their heads by the look of it. Orders (http://www.blacklibrary.com/horus-heresy/corax-soulforge.html) go up Friday 5th April (tomorrow) at 6pm BST and will be availaible for 7 days only.

Wolfshade
04-04-2013, 05:08 AM
I dislike limited edition things :(

Wildeybeast
04-04-2013, 06:04 AM
When they were a limited number of copies then I would be inclined to agree, but they are now limited by a purchase window which means everyone who wants a copy has chance to get one whilst BL only have to print as many as they know they will sell. I don't see any issues with doing it this way.

Wolfshade
04-04-2013, 06:07 AM
It kind of flies in the face of their print-on-demand service though...

Kirsten
04-04-2013, 06:13 AM
limited time release is one think, £30 for a novella is something else...

Wildeybeast
04-04-2013, 06:53 AM
Yeah, that is somewhat of an issue. I'll still buy it of course, but I'll do so grudgingly.

Mr Mystery
04-04-2013, 07:19 AM
Sitting this one out. It's either this book, or Codex Tau.

Codex Tau won't get any cheaper ever. This one however will eventually be reprinted, just as the others will be. Just not for a while :)

Wolfshade
04-04-2013, 07:24 AM
Everyone has their price, I really wish I had the mephison novel, but I have a limit and if it is above that I go without, which is sad as I want it all. ALL I TELL YOU!
I am also very prepared to wait for hardbacks to become paperbacks.

Demonus
04-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Yep looks cool, but not $50 cool.

pgarfunkle
04-04-2013, 08:30 AM
I bought the Mephiston LE because I'm a Blood Angel nut but for the rest of the limited editions and hardbacks I am content to wait for the paperbacks too. Although having the Heresy novels released in a larger format paperback before the trade paperbacks does feel a bit salt in the wound however.

Wolfshade
04-04-2013, 08:42 AM
I bought the Mephiston LE because I'm a Blood Angel nut but for the rest of the limited editions and hardbacks I am content to wait for the paperbacks too. Although having the Heresy novels released in a larger format paperback before the trade paperbacks does feel a bit salt in the wound however.

I have the issue that once I start collecting a series, they need to be all of the same sort, not necessarily the same eidtion, but they have to look visiually akin to each other, e.g. all paper backs or all hardbacks, consequently I am still waiting for the 4th Gaunts Ghost omnibus

iheartgrimdark
04-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Yeah, it is a royal pain waiting for the normal paperback HH books to be released. Will probably get this one as I enjoyed the White Scars book. Now does anyone want to sell me Promethean Sun and Aurelian? :)

Kirsten
04-04-2013, 10:17 AM
I have the issue that once I start collecting a series, they need to be all of the same sort, not necessarily the same eidtion, but they have to look visiually akin to each other, e.g. all paper backs or all hardbacks, consequently I am still waiting for the 4th Gaunts Ghost omnibus

I do that too, got the first three ghosts omnibii, need to get the fourth, can't get them individually now...

pgarfunkle
04-04-2013, 12:50 PM
I do that too, got the first three ghosts omnibii, need to get the fourth, can't get them individually now...

Lol +1

Although I do get the first Blood Angels omnibus and then the next books individually. I've been the urge to replace them with the second one now

Kirsten
04-04-2013, 01:38 PM
I have a problem now that the gotrek and felix omnibii are being released with different covers, wont match my first two now. life is full of problems.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
04-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Praise to the Crowfather, victorus aut mortis.

Mr Mystery
04-04-2013, 01:45 PM
I have a problem now that the gotrek and felix omnibii are being released with different covers, wont match my first two now. life is full of problems.

My collection all come from respective release days. 4 different spine/cover types and 3 different sizes. My poor collection :(

Wolfshade
04-04-2013, 02:49 PM

Omnibus is already a plural you don't need to replace the 'us' with 'ii' :D

Kirsten
04-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Omnibus is already a plural you don't need to replace the 'us' with 'ii' :D

yes I know, but I like making all plurals ii, it pleases me.

Wolfshade
04-05-2013, 02:03 AM
yes I know, but I like making all plurals ii, it pleases me.

Worryingly I completely understand where you are coming from.

As long as you don't use it for octopodes we'll get on famously.

Can I also suggest you try the hebrew suffix -eym (ים) to mix it up a bit ;)

zeav - wolf
zeaveym - wolves

Kirsten
04-05-2013, 04:21 AM
biscuit, biscii, it just sounds better every time.

Wolfshade
04-05-2013, 04:39 AM
encyclopedia, encylopediii bit of a mouth full that one.

Kirsten
04-05-2013, 04:39 AM
encyclopii.

Wolfshade
04-05-2013, 04:46 AM
encyclopii.

Why am I now thinking of a process where one becomes a cyclops....