PDA

View Full Version : Houston, tx players

lobo60
04-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Hey guys, I've picked up 40k again and have been building my armies up. So I was wondering if there was any local wargamer communities(specifically 40k) that any of y'all know of. Aside from gw stores.

Big_gay
04-02-2013, 04:05 PM
it would be helpful if you indicated where in houston you lived, an area code would be good, simply because its a big city (i live there too)

im afraid i cant bee too helpful, though, i generally just play at the royal oaks games workshop, as it has plenty of tables and an almost exclusivly pleasant gaming community, with players who are neither too competitive nor entirely noncompetitive
other than that, i just play at home with a few close friends

lobo60
04-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Lol you're right it is a huge city. I live in the northwest side, cypress area basically my closest 2 are copperwood and coles crossing. its just limited by time frames. I do like it there don't get me wrong, I just am interested in seeing if there are better places around.

chemed
04-02-2013, 07:55 PM
there is a Houston 40k facebook page that stays pretty busy with game invites. On the northwest side there is GW tomball and Fat Ogre in spring that is pretty popular. But you can find all that on the facebook page

StarWarsDoug
04-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Asgard Games off shepherd is a good place for Warmachine/Hordes.

Montags in Pearland on the south side is a great place for 40k on saturdays, or pick up games at night. Really great group of guys there.

On the north side I think theres a place called Fat Ogre but ive never been there for games or know the crowd.

darkwhoof
04-02-2013, 10:01 PM
I play at the GW store because Fat Ogre is too far. They are the only places I know of on the NW side of town. There is also Warhammer 40k Houston web page. There are some links if you search Houston. Hope to see you around.

lobo60
04-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Right on, I do think the games workshop places will probably be the best bet because of my location. I appreciate the help guys and hope to see y'all and pick up a game some time.