June: Eldar
July: Apocalypse
August: Lizardmen
September: Blood Bowl
October: Space Marines
November: Dwarves
December: Hobbit
January: Tyranids

~That would be TEN Codex/Armybooks in 2013 if it holds up, only about triple the standard GW release rate. Something has definitely changed within GW.

An interesting note, even with a production rate of this speed (assuming GW could hold it up permanently), this would result in a complete refresh of every army book in both WFB/40k every 3 years. Also, you will notice that this schedule is front-loaded with signs of slowing. It has 7 books in the first half of the year,and 3 in the second half.

Dimitrios
04-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Am I miscounting or do you really not like Dwarves/ Tyranids so much that you don't count them?

Brakkart
04-02-2013, 09:42 AM
Am I miscounting or do you really not like Dwarves/ Tyranids so much that you don't count them?

Tyranids are in Jan 2014, which is next year, so 3 in the second half of this year (2013) is correct.

If this is correct (and I really hope it is) then 2013 will go down as one of the best years to be a WFB/40k player in history as that is a very nice line up. Two solid months of interest for me in Apoc and Space Marines and I've been tempted to get back in fantasy for some time, so will be taking a good look at High Elves and Dwarves. My Housemates will be getting a load of the Tau and Lizardmen no doubt.

Will be interesting to see if this pace of releases continues through next year as I think it's a much better idea than spacing the army books and such out. These big waves with books and them being close together might be murder on some folks wallets, but they get plenty of people talking and even those not getting anything new this month, know that they won't have to wait too long before something comes out that will grab their interest.

I do wonder where new scenery will be released in that schedule though.

Slacker
04-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Man what a time to decide that I was going to buy all the codexes that came out whether or not I was collecting the army at all. I am looking forward to new Tyranids and Blood Bowl though.

shaundimx
04-02-2013, 09:53 AM
No Imperial Guard? This saddens me

NockerGeek
04-02-2013, 10:07 AM
Man what a time to decide that I was going to buy all the codexes that came out whether or not I was collecting the army at all. I am looking forward to new Tyranids and Blood Bowl though.

I hear you there, man. And I play 4 of those armies to one extent or another (Chaos Daemons, Tau, Eldar, and High Elves). My wallet, it will ache from emptiness!

Kawauso
04-02-2013, 10:08 AM
No Imperial Guard? This saddens me

Their book is still really solid.

Mind, so is the SM book but it makes sense that the army by which all others are measured comes out sometime near the dawn of the newest edition.

Personally I would much rather see older books get some love before the likes of IG. I know if GW ever get around to doing Sisters justice I'll bend over backwards trying to start a new army for them.

Big_gay
04-02-2013, 10:21 AM
via Stickmonkey:

i'm sorry but why does anyone take stickmonkey seriously? He's not exactly reliable
furthermore isn't this list basically what hastings and other people have been saying, with some mild extrapolation?

StarWarsDoug
04-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Isnt Sept normally a Black Box release?

Defenestratus
04-02-2013, 11:23 AM
I want to point out That In my original message I had Dwarves as questionable for Nov, that it could be Wood Elves or Brettonians, but my information had them in playtesting already, and much studio work had begun right after lizardmen. However, I'm in the minority on my placement of them.

I also said that Sept was a Black Box release...not that it was specifically Blood Bowl.

How sure are you that Eldar will be in June? Rumors up until recently had them in late summer/early fall.

Asymmetrical Xeno
04-02-2013, 02:45 PM
I hope this happens, I really want it to - then people will have to stop moaning about the idea of a new faction slowing things down more.

eldargal
04-03-2013, 02:27 AM
There have been a few sources say eldar in June now and nothing Hastings has said contradicts it explicitly (one can argue that June isn't exactly late in teh year for 'eldar later in the year'). I'm not getting my hopes up but it will be interesting to see what happens. Should know in six or seven weeks.

Wolfshade
04-03-2013, 02:43 AM
Still no mention of BAs :'(

Still makes an exciting few months, already paving the way to get the blood bowl if that is true

Denzark
04-03-2013, 04:44 AM
Question: As there seems to be a Bloodbowl boxed set on GW website, why would they release a black box of it?

Wolfshade
04-03-2013, 05:07 AM
Good question.
One possible answer the box set available is the 3rd edition and was released in 1994.

The miniatures and cardboard bits and bobs look quite dated, especially when compared to contemporary WFB releases.

lobster-overlord
04-03-2013, 05:47 AM
Still no Brets. I guess they can't make everyone happy!

Denzark
04-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Good question.
One possible answer the box set available is the 3rd edition and was released in 1994.

The miniatures and cardboard bits and bobs look quite dated, especially when compared to contemporary WFB releases.

Roger that, but seems a bit out of the 'mystery' of a long dead space hulk revival or a new floaty ships and arrrrr pee-rates game.

Wolfshade
04-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Roger that, but seems a bit out of the 'mystery' of a long dead space hulk revival or a new floaty ships and arrrrr pee-rates game.

I agree, essentially though the game has mvoed on another edition and is now a free living rule book (free pdf, yes I know GW giving stuff away for free?!!) so I imagine the reason you can still buy it is because they still have stock rather than fresh ones being made, but that is pure conjecture.

robrodgers46
04-03-2013, 10:57 AM
I'm hoping the Dwarf rumor is true. By November all my current units will be painted up, and I will be itching to buy more. But there is nothing left to buy, except for FC grudge thrower models that I really don't care for.

I would assume IG will be after 'nids. That's fine, because I could paint a guardsmen a day until this time next year and still not be caught up.

Galadren
04-04-2013, 10:11 AM
*Insert obligatory "where my Black Templars" post*

Defenestratus
04-04-2013, 12:11 PM
*Insert obligatory "where my Black Templars" post*

You'll find out when the SM codex supposedly hits in October :P

Demonus
04-04-2013, 12:54 PM

Zing!

Mr Mystery
04-04-2013, 02:32 PM
I agree, essentially though the game has mvoed on another edition and is now a free living rule book (free pdf, yes I know GW giving stuff away for free?!!) so I imagine the reason you can still buy it is because they still have stock rather than fresh ones being made, but that is pure conjecture.

By all accounts its a relentlessly popular game.

I don't see Bloodbowl as a Ltd box. Too many teams, and designed for evolving league play. Ltd boxes are intended to be one off, no further purchase necessary affairs.

Wolfshade
04-04-2013, 02:52 PM
By all accounts its a relentlessly popular game.

I don't see Bloodbowl as a Ltd box. Too many teams, and designed for evolving league play. Ltd boxes are intended to be one off, no further purchase necessary affairs.

I hadn't considered that. But I think you are quite correct, the number of different teams would mean that 'expansions' would need to be made which would fly in the face of the recent stand-alone releases.

Brakkart
04-04-2013, 03:06 PM
I hadn't considered that. But I think you are quite correct, the number of different teams would mean that 'expansions' would need to be made which would fly in the face of the recent stand-alone releases.

Or they could just put out the shiny new box with 4 plastic teams in it (and have rules in the box for all the other teams that can be fielded) and then convert the old model range to Finecast. No expansions needed, old metal models done away with as per their ongoing policy, limited edition "must have" box sales backed up with sales of finecast teams/star players to new players.

Galadren
04-04-2013, 11:05 PM

I swear upon the Golden Throne if Black Templars are in Codex: Space Marines I'll buy two copies: one to burn, and the other to play with.

Wolfshade
04-05-2013, 01:47 AM
Or they could just put out the shiny new box with 4 plastic teams in it (and have rules in the box for all the other teams that can be fielded) and then convert the old model range to Finecast. No expansions needed, old metal models done away with as per their ongoing policy, limited edition "must have" box sales backed up with sales of finecast teams/star players to new players.

Possibly, but we'be not seen extras for Space Hulk or Dreadfleet finecast released.

Though I would love to have Space Hulk figures in finecast for my normal 40k

Kirsten
04-05-2013, 04:37 AM
I swear upon the Golden Throne if Black Templars are in Codex: Space Marines I'll buy two copies: one to burn, and the other to play with.

lol, that would show them

Wolfshade
04-05-2013, 04:39 AM
Book burning: shudder...

Galadren
04-05-2013, 03:30 PM
lol, that would show them

We're Black Templars. We're supposed to be angry. ;)

Kirsten
04-05-2013, 05:21 PM
yes but buying two copies might send the wrong message...

Galadren
04-06-2013, 09:50 PM
yes but buying two copies might send the wrong message...

That as a loyal son of Sigismund and Dorn I was so outraged at the loss of identity for my beloved chapter I was willing to shell out an extra fifty bucks just to light it on fire and send them the video? :D

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
04-07-2013, 12:46 AM
hahah, i'm so laughing with frustration and appaling lack of respect if these line ups for all the codex's were true.
To see, that SoB again have to wait until all the other armies again get their shiny new books, miniatures and fame, where SoB again are relegated to wait until the very end. And before people say i'm winging, well i have over 10k of SoB, have played them since first being introduced by GW, and have been waiting for a real codex since 3rd edition.

To read, even if it's a rumore i again have to wait past the time that Eldar, IG, GK's and BA's again all get codex's is appalling. Would make anyone wonder why i still play SoB??
I can only hope that these rumours are wrong as well as the line up.
I understand Eldar getting a codex, maybe Tau (though would have thought much later in the year), but to know that SM's, IG, BA, GK's and Nidz could all be before Sisters, breaks your heart having to rely on copies from two White Dwarfs until it's one day our turn.

What more can be said to show the frustration of all the SoB players around the world??

DeSteele
04-07-2013, 11:58 AM
I understand Eldar getting a codex, maybe Tau (though would have thought much later in the year), but to know that SM's, IG, BA, GK's and Nidz could all be before Sisters, breaks your heart having to rely on copies from two White Dwarfs until it's one day our turn.
Hastings has only said Eldar, SM, Nids, IG & Orks. Not necessarily in that order.

Re the other rumour, I think Eldargal puts in very well in post 2

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?30776-Frontpage-New-Release-Schedule-Still-No-Sisters-But

Blenderovski
04-11-2013, 07:05 PM
They did all of the official SoB rules and updates in WD last year, didn't they? Without meaning to be disrespectful to them, they're rather a niche army to get a full-on codex so recently after that when there are far better-selling armies to pander to. That's just from a sales point of view, of course. I've got a feeling GW will marginalise them like the Kroot - using them as allies for Grey Knights, rather than a force in their own right.

Clockwork
04-11-2013, 09:31 PM
They did all of the official SoB rules and updates in WD last year, didn't they? Without meaning to be disrespectful to them, they're rather a niche army to get a full-on codex so recently after that when there are far better-selling armies to pander to. That's just from a sales point of view, of course. I've got a feeling GW will marginalise them like the Kroot - using them as allies for Grey Knights, rather than a force in their own right.

Try summer 2011, right after the Grey Knights. Last year was 2012. In a couple months that WD-Dex is going to be 2 years old. A codex that went out of print once it sold out mind you. That's a -long- time to be without a codex in circulation in this day and age.

And Sisters don't belong with Grey Knights anymore than Blood Angels would belong in the Space Wolves codex. There IS a Sisters of Battle codex coming in time and any other statement is just a false flag started by someone serving as a troll. Unless Harry, Hastings or one of the other big names or GW tells us that Sisters are going away or getting rolled into another army's codex, it ain't happening.

eldargal
04-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Like Dark Eldar were a niche army with poor sales?

They are getting a full codex and a plastic range, the question isn't if but when.

rtmaitreya
04-12-2013, 12:10 AM
Like Dark Eldar were a niche army with poor sales?

They are getting a full codex and a plastic range, the question isn't if but when.

EVERYONE knows that a plastic SOB range would sell out so fast it would make your head spin. The problem is remastering their sculpts to cast well in plastic. They're fantastically detailed models that span the whole range of butch to lipstick, and there is no doubt that a whole passel o' cash will be generated when they finally do a full release. It's a when issue. And when will be tied to a gamer-girl-outreach that is closer than ever. Eldar and Tau are big gamer-girl armies, and they will space them out accordingly. But the time is coming, yes indeed.

RTM

Mr Mystery
04-12-2013, 01:57 AM
hahah, i'm so laughing with frustration and appaling lack of respect if these line ups for all the codex's were true.
To see, that SoB again have to wait until all the other armies again get their shiny new books, miniatures and fame, where SoB again are relegated to wait until the very end. And before people say i'm winging, well i have over 10k of SoB, have played them since first being introduced by GW, and have been waiting for a real codex since 3rd edition.

To read, even if it's a rumore i again have to wait past the time that Eldar, IG, GK's and BA's again all get codex's is appalling. Would make anyone wonder why i still play SoB??
I can only hope that these rumours are wrong as well as the line up.

What more can be said to show the frustration of all the SoB players around the world??

Dark Eldar. First Codex 1998..........and then nothing of any note, not a new sculpt, or a white dwarf thing, nowt until 2010.

Perspective......

eldargal
04-12-2013, 02:04 AM
EVERYONE knows that a plastic SOB range would sell out so fast it would make your head spin. The problem is remastering their sculpts to cast well in plastic. They're fantastically detailed models that span the whole range of butch to lipstick, and there is no doubt that a whole passel o' cash will be generated when they finally do a full release. It's a when issue. And when will be tied to a gamer-girl-outreach that is closer than ever. Eldar and Tau are big gamer-girl armies, and they will space them out accordingly. But the time is coming, yes indeed.

RTM
Well I don't know, in my experience tyranids are as big a girl gamer army as eldar or Tau. Orks too. But yes having a lovely, predominately female (stupid priests...) 40k army that isn't ridiculously sexualised (if they tone down the armoured bra cups) won't be a bad for thing for broadning the hobbys appeal to half the population.

spaceman91
04-12-2013, 02:20 AM
I can't see how anyone can say sisters are out there on the edge. i know that round here if a plastic redo of sisters was to be released at least seven people out of 12 would buy a whole new army. Add one more to that that already has a sisters army who would buy to replace his metal stuff. I would be fighting to be first at the door to buy the sisters.
On the " girl gamers " thing, I dont think there is such a thing as girly army. I know a girl that plays SW and one that plays CSM. Met a few that play nids and a few more the play chaos daemons. In that last one she did paint them pink. I really don't think what the army is, it's the person that picks it.

eldargal
04-12-2013, 02:24 AM
Yep, there was a topic on BoLS about it recently and most of the girls cited (those of us on BoLS and those known to others) didn't seem to follow any particular pattern. Which isn't to say that a non-sexualised female army wouldn't help or anything, it just doesn't follow that women would always choose that army.

Alqualonde
04-12-2013, 03:04 AM
Not sure what difference it makes that a woman paints her army pink. One of our male gamers has a Hello Kitty themed Dark Eldar army - and yes that does mean pink! Its such a modern idea that pink is a feminine colour in any event. Some of Napoleon's best troops had pink facings.

eldargal
04-12-2013, 03:08 AM
Yup, until the 1930s or 40s pink and blue were not gender identified at all, or if they were there as no consensus which was associated with which.

spaceman91
04-12-2013, 03:20 AM
Not sure what difference it makes that a woman paints her army pink. One of our male gamers has a Hello Kitty themed Dark Eldar army - and yes that does mean pink! Its such a modern idea that pink is a feminine colour in any event. Some of Napoleon's best troops had pink facings.

I meant no offense in the pink comment.
I have seen a hello kitty CSM army. It wasn't slaanesh though.

Denzark
04-12-2013, 04:30 AM

Off topic - but which of Napoleon's troops?

Wolfshade
04-12-2013, 04:51 AM
Though they were facings (&/or turnbacks, cuffs etc.) never coats.

10th - 12th Cuirassiers
13th - 18th Dragoons
3rd Chevau-leger
7th - 9th Horse Chasseurs

gcsmith
04-12-2013, 05:01 AM
If we're to go into colours, before WW1, Pink was considered the colour for boys and blue for girls. It was printed in a paper that Princess Astrid of Belgium who gave birth to a girl had "Expectantly prepared her babies room pink, the colour for a boy". Only in recent years has it changed.

Cap'nSmurfs
04-12-2013, 05:17 AM
It's like a lot of gender stuff is socially constructed, or something, and thus susceptible to change across time and culture. Who knew!

I for one would buy a whole bunch of Sisters when they hit.

Kawauso
04-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Yeah, I don't think that Sisters would necessarily increase the amount of women participating in the game - by and large I'd bet most female wargamers choose their armies for the same reasons as male ones. It's like they're people, or something. :P

That said, there are some for whom the lure of an all-female force would be a draw.
I happen to be a fan of the Sisters overall - pretty much everything about the army appeals to me.

As others have said, I'd happily jump on the Sisters bandwagon if they got a real release with plastic kits. They're too cool not to.
Honestly, the way things have been going for the SoB, I kind of have the feeling that when they -do- get a release it's going to go over much like the revamp for Dark Eldar.

Asymmetrical Xeno
04-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Most ladies I know into wargaming like tyranids and necrons on the 40k side, and lovecraftian abominations on the other.

I expect Sisters will be the next "dark eldar", in that they will have a load of new plastic stuff that looks utterly awesome and they will be at least somewhat popular for it. The Ecclesiarchy seems like it would be a pretty definitive army for 40k with all that gothic space church stuff too.

bfmusashi
04-12-2013, 10:55 AM
I can only speak for my wife, but she dislikes the lack of bikini warrior women in the games I play. Like she specifically wants an army of Lelith Hesperax. Apparently, for her a fantasy setting means "I get to run around in a bikini like it can stop an anti-tank round."
I've personally wanted to do Sisters since reading Cain's Last Stand. They just seemed like they were having a great time

Kawauso
04-12-2013, 11:15 AM
I can only speak for my wife, but she dislikes the lack of bikini warrior women in the games I play. Like she specifically wants an army of Lelith Hesperax. Apparently, for her a fantasy setting means "I get to run around in a bikini like it can stop an anti-tank round."

That's fine, and there's a place for that.

I think that sort of thing is only really a problem when it's clearly done in a way that panders to horny young men (mostly) and it's just female characters getting that sort of treatment. 40k is pretty damn good about keeping any sexualization equal-opportunity. The Sisters have sexualized armour, sure, but it's actual armour. A male equivalent would be the Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard. Dark Eldar wyches are almost half-naked, but it's a pretty even split in terms of sexes in the unit, and their lack of armour makes sense with their gladiatorial, acrobatic style of combat.

The important thing about bringing 'sexy' into any fantasy setting is that it makes sense. Otherwise it just looks stupid.
Clearly your wife has other ideas where that's concerned, though. :) To each their own.

Back on the topic of Sisters - is there anyone here without an army of them who -wouldn't- start at least a small force (i.e. allies) if they got an awesome revamp (i.e. gorgeous plastic kits, a cool codex, etc.) in the spirit of what happened to Dark Eldar?

bfmusashi
04-12-2013, 12:07 PM
All I want is a sister who can be posed to have her bolter slung back while she does a full body running power armor assisted punch on some poor sap. Also, if one could summon up the power of the God Hand they might just become my favorite. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhTL3sOINKY
Seriously Ward, you let me down when there wasn't a single Grey Knight practicing the Aquila form Kung Fu.

eldargal
04-13-2013, 12:58 AM
I've personally wanted to do Sisters since reading Cain's Last Stand. They just seemed like they were having a great time
Certainly there is a place for that, and we have Dark Eldar wyches that can fill that niche.