PDA

View Full Version : DA army list for tau

DARK ANGEL
03-30-2013, 10:40 PM
Hello people, i would like to see what you guys have to say about my new deathwing list for going against tau bombardments so here it is

Dark Angels Army List

HQ: Belial 190 points

ELITES:
None

TROOPS:
10 man tactical squad with plasma gun and plasma cannon, veteran sergeant 195 points

10 man tactical squad with plasma gun and plasma cannon, veteran sergeant 195 points

5 man terminator squad with AC and chain fist 245 points

5 man terminator squad with AC and chain fist 245 points

5 man TH/SS with one CML ( this squad will attach to Belial) 280

FAST ATTACK:
None

HEAVY SUPPORT:
5 man devastator squad with 2 plasma and 2 lascannon and veteran sergeant with plasma pistol 165 points

TOTAL: 1515 points

The plan is to have the tactical squads move to the closer objectives then combat squad so the plasma cannon can stay still and shoot while the plasma gun is on the move. Then the devastator would stray back to support anything they can while my AC terminator squads deep strike turn one into the further objectives. Last but not least,the CC monsters will deep strike without scattering, on turn one, and just wreak havoc on hammerheads, heavy armor, etc. what do you guys think? Thank you.

Learn2Eel
03-31-2013, 01:28 AM
I'm pretty sure you have to Combat Squad when you deploy your Tactical Squads, I might be wrong though. Only a minor note though. I think your Devastator squad lacks a unified purpose; I realize the kit isn't very forthcoming, but given that you can't split-fire with the unit, your usually going to be wasting two of your heavy weapons when you fire. Plasma Cannons and Lascannons are intended for very different targets.

If you deep-strike the non Storm-Shield Terminators anywhere near the Tau force, prepare to be vaporised. That, and be very careful with small squads; most Tau weaponry won't ignore your armour, but the number of shots they put out can and will worry your Storm-Shield Terminators. It also depends on the kind of Tau army it is; the Storm-Shield Terminators are unlikely to get into many combats against a Tau player who actually knows how to play the army properly (hint, Tau aren't a static gun-line). Whilst deep-striking them without scatter is great, the Tau player won't waste time ignoring them and move away, though it also depends on whether they are using transports or lots of battlesuits.

In general though, you should wait for the new codex to arrive. The army could change completely, for all we know. Still, if you intend on playing against the old codex this week, note that your army can and will be shot to death by massed Crisis Suits, though, and their Fire Warriors have a significant range advantage over most of your units. Just food for thought. It isn't a bad army list, but you will need to be careful as your small numbers can come back to hurt you.

robbietobbie
04-02-2013, 05:59 AM
Agreed, the devestators need less variation in their weapons. Usually shooting plasma cannons at things you want to shoot with lascannons (and the other way around) is a waste. And yeah you need to combat squad on deployment (although they can use the same transport)