PDA

View Full Version : Change to GW Free Shipping (UK)

Brakkart
03-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Seems GW have raised the minimum spend to qualify for free shipping in the UK as it was £10 just a few days ago when I made a small order, and today it has risen to £20. I only noticed as the stuff in my basket was just over £10 worth and the P&P charge had not gone as it normally does at that point.

Little bit disappointed to see it go, but not really surprised, it was a very good deal while it lasted.

eldargal
03-29-2013, 01:22 AM
I can't remember the last time I ordered less than £20.:rolleyes: It was ridiculously generous really.

DeadPanda
04-20-2013, 05:29 AM
Considering the big price hike from Royal Mail, it was expected. Still at least when you order direct from GW You know your going to get what you ordered within a few days unless stated. Having had friends who have had very bad experiences from Wayland and Total Wargamer I only order direct or locally off the shelf.

Fizzybubela
04-20-2013, 06:34 AM
The Express Shipping is excellent as I did an order before 12 and it arrived the next day. :D

Brakkart
04-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Considering the big price hike from Royal Mail, it was expected. Still at least when you order direct from GW You know your going to get what you ordered within a few days unless stated. Having had friends who have had very bad experiences from Wayland and Total Wargamer I only order direct or locally off the shelf.

Yeah Total Wargamer are rubbish, my brother ordered a Drop Pod from them during one of their 30% off weekends back in January for my birthday. It's still not arrived! He ended up getting me a Command Squad from the local store and asking for his money back, not sure he's gotten that yet either.

The only time I had an issue for GW's free postage service was 2 years back when it didn't arrive and after a couple weeks I phoned and asked about it, they dispatched a replacement order and it arrived the next day and then a week later the original order arrived! People can gripe about GW's business practices and such, but their customer service dept is superb.