PDA

View Full Version : Finalizing my 1800 point Necrons. Opinions needed.

Sonikgav
03-26-2013, 07:32 PM
So. As it stands my 1800 tournament list is almost finalised. Ive just about gotten to the point now where my models are bought/ordered, i just need to assemble them and get it ready. The Problem is i have 30 points left over and im not sure what to do with it.

Heres the list as it stands

Obyron - 160
Destroyer Lord - 160 + Weave, Scarabs

Warriors x5 - Night Scythe -165
Immortals x10 - Gauss Blasters - 170 (Obyron Here for Teleporter Objective BS)

Wraiths x6 - 230 + Whipcoils x2 (D-Lord Here)
Destroyers x5 - 200

Annihilation Barge - 90 - Gauss Cannon
Annihilation Barge - 90 - Gauss Cannon
Doomsday Ark - 175

Total = 1770 (1800 limit)

As you can see theres not all that much in the way of Upgrading that can go on here and i dont have access to a Royal Court.

So im after some advice on what to take. The actual units are fixed. Don't start preaching the virtues of Doomscythes or Tomb Blades, ive agonised over the list for long enough, only how they perform on the Tabletop is gonna change this now. As i see it, here are my options....

Option A
30 Point item on the Destroyer Lord.
He can get a Tachyon Arrow for a Vehicle Pop or more likely i think a Res Orb. Now, i know hes not gonna get much use out of it being that he hangs out with the Wraiths but it does raise my chances of getting HIM back up and i can always add him to Obyrons unit late game if theyre still alive on an Objective.

Option B
Upgrade 1 of the Warrior units to Immortals for that increased save and better weaponry but they are still just objective Grabbers. Leaves me 10 points spare so maybe another WhipCoil on the Wraiths.

Option C
Upgrade 1 of my Destroyers to a Heavy Destroyer, again leaving 10 spare for another Whip Coil but if im honest the Destroyers dont need it. Theyre anti-infantry and a Heavy dilutes their focus.

Option D
Drop 1 unit of Warriors, give their Scythe to Obyrons unit and give myself 95 points to play with. Again cant do much with it though. 5 Death Marks? 6 Scarab Bases? 2 Destroyers? 3 Particle TombBlades? Increase the remaining Warriors to units of 8? Upgrade them to 6 Immortals? etc.

Personally im leaning towards A or B as theyre the simplest, not too keen on option D, but its still an option.

So. Thats that. Any thoughts?

White Tiger88
03-26-2013, 08:20 PM
That amount of fliers is really going to tick off local players......... Plus if they are shot down the units inside are going to be ripped apart so fast its not even funny.

Sonikgav
03-26-2013, 08:30 PM
Its only 3? Have you seen a Necron Air Force List? It has 3 times as many! I play in an environment where EVERYONE has a Stormraven, or multiple Valkyries. One Daemon player i know runs 5 Flying MC's.

Also the other thing is, if one of these flyers does go down, the unit doesnt give a **** because theyre not actually inside. Necron Invasion Beams are a wonderfull thing.

White Tiger88
03-26-2013, 09:11 PM
Its only 3? Have you seen a Necron Air Force List? It has 3 times as many! I play in an environment where EVERYONE has a Stormraven, or multiple Valkyries. One Daemon player i know runs 5 Flying MC's.

Also the other thing is, if one of these flyers does go down, the unit doesnt give a **** because theyre not actually inside. Necron Invasion Beams are a wonderfull thing.

Ah you have an air spam community never mind....