PDA

View Full Version : 40k Halloween Costumes

eldargal
10-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Is anyone doing anything 40k (or WFB) themed for their Halloween costume? I don't normally bother with Halloween but a friend is having a party so I will either go as a Sister Repentia or Death Cult assassin.

Commissar Lewis
10-29-2009, 07:26 PM
Nice. I'm not doing a 40k costume - I'm going as The Dude from the Big Lebowski to a party. But one day I want to be a Commissar - I have an East german police cap I'm gonna convert into a Commissar cap, and I already have a trench coat.

Ivarr
10-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Is anyone doing anything 40k (or WFB) themed for their Halloween costume? I don't normally bother with Halloween but a friend is having a party so I will either go as a Sister Repentia or Death Cult assassin.

Cannot wait to see that...you have to post pics. My son has the bulk of his Cadian costume done...but decided against it for this year.

Brass Scorpion
10-29-2009, 08:03 PM
My son will be entering the costume contest at a local GW store. He'll be wearing the Death Jester costume he was wearing at Games Day Baltimore earlier this year. Last year he won dressed as a WHFB Dwarf, the year before he won dressed as an Eldar Titan. That costume went on the following spring to win the best costume at Baltimore Games Day 2008. My wife is genius at making costumes out of almost nothing.

Sangre
10-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Good luck gathering that costume in 48 hours.

N0rdicNinja
10-30-2009, 09:02 AM

Pics or it didn't happen!

mountaincycle661
10-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Me and my girlfriend are going as the high level tzeentchian zealots from warhammer online. Ill post pics after halloween when i have them. I gotta say though, im mighty impressed with how they turned out this year...

Its always been my opinion that if your going to do a 40K costume, do it right and take the time. otherwise you just look like a wayward half assed nerd who's lost trying to find the trek convention. i cant tell you how awful i feel when i see some of the costumes that win games days. they're so...well...orkish would be a good word for it. slapped together, low quality, uneven, out of proportion....yuck.

However, the few that really pull it off....whew...they look amazing. (like the sister of battle that was posted here a few weeks back)

gwensdad
10-30-2009, 06:46 PM
This is my (crappy) commissar from last year. Tench+army surplus military hat+plastic chestpiece w/imperial eagle. If I redid it I'd replace the chestpiece with (I'm not kidding here) a Michael Jackson "military era" custom I saw at a store.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3028/2987266995_324dd45355_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/21441611@N00/2987266995/)
(click picture to go to a bigger version at my flickr)

imperialsavant
10-30-2009, 06:57 PM

:D Somehow I just cant picture you as "Repenting" but the costume would be interesting.
Here in Australia, Halloween is not a big deal although the "Commercial Interests" are trying to promote it to get us to spend money on all the gear etc.
I will just save mine for more 40K models & BL Books! ;)

imperialsavant
10-30-2009, 07:00 PM
My son will be entering the costume contest at a local GW store. He'll be wearing the Death Jester costume he was wearing at Games Day Baltimore earlier this year. Last year he won dressed as a WHFB Dwarf, the year before he won dressed as an Eldar Titan. That costume went on the following spring to win the best costume at Baltimore Games Day 2008. My wife is genius at making costumes out of almost nothing.

Pics PLEASE! :)

eldargal
10-31-2009, 06:43 AM
If you want to do a good commissar costume, look for old East German greatcoats, jackboots and peaked caps in thrift stores/ebay/whatever. They so look the part.
I've decided to go as the Death Cult Assassin, if only 'cos its quite cool and that costume has leggings. I'll try and get someone to take a picture.
Brass Scorpion, I'd love to see pictures of your son too.:) The costumes sound adorable.

gwensdad
10-31-2009, 08:33 AM
I'm leaning towards dressing back up in my commissar outfit tonight but add a "Achmed the Dead Terrorist (http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/jeff_dunham/index.jhtml)" mask to it.

imperialsavant
10-31-2009, 08:25 PM
I've decided to go as the Death Cult Assassin, if only 'cos its quite cool and that costume has leggings. I'll try and get someone to take a picture.

Hi Eldargirl! I had this pic I cut out of an article in the Canberra Times quite a while ago. It was of an Actress in some play they were reviewing & I always thought it was a good representation of a Death Cult Assassin.
Anyway I think this would be a good one to copy. ;)

Morgrim
10-31-2009, 08:57 PM
My friend did a Commissar. I was in a more 'Mortica Addams' style getup, but when we went into the local GW store they tried deciding that I could be a pysker of some sort instead. <.<

Brass Scorpion
10-31-2009, 09:07 PM
Brass Scorpion, I'd love to see pictures of your son too.:) The costumes sound adorable.
Thanks for your interest, Eldargal. Pictures of both costumes have actually appeared on BoLS. Last year I sent in pictures from Baltimore Games Day that were used by Bigred. This year since I'm now a contributing writer I posted the pictures myself. The pictures below are linked from the related BoLS articles. My wife made both of these costumes relatively inexpensively in a manner similar to the way we hobbyists make game models and scenery at times out of whatever is at hand.

Here's the Death Jester costume as it appeared at Games Day Baltimore 2009:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Mo6m2xs6ZzY/SgdzdoioDNI/AAAAAAAAAeI/I7s9Ktlz4sE/s320/gd_costume6.jpg

Here's a picture of the Eldar Titan costume that won Best Costume at Games Day Baltimore 2008:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4nzgPbHlNo4/SFSp7AgLwMI/AAAAAAAAByA/SMwXdA0Tpv8/s1600/GD-2-costume.jpg

eldargal
11-01-2009, 12:49 AM
Those costumes are fantastic!:) Such a cute Death Jester.

Ivarr
11-01-2009, 02:14 AM
Those costumes are fantastic!:) Such a cute Death Jester.

Not sure I ever expected to hear a Death Jester called cute...but it is a very cute costume.

Sangre
11-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Cutest Revenant Ever!