PDA

View Full Version : Female gamer

YorkNecromancer
03-22-2013, 01:41 PM
This is ten kinds of awesome.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/susanwilson/9-year-old-building-an-rpg-to-prove-her-brothers-w?ref=friends_backed

Mr Mystery
03-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Oh HELL NO!

I read that as 'alleged Father has found a way to make the cashmonies with no recourse for the contributors when nothing materialises'.

No ta. I smell a scam!

Wildeybeast
03-22-2013, 01:51 PM
They lost me when they said they let a 9 year-old play an 18 rated game. Irresponsible tossers. Also, they have raised sons who look like utter knobs. Bad, bad people.

White Tiger88
03-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Oh HELL NO!

I read that as 'alleged Father has found a way to make the cashmonies with no recourse for the contributors when nothing materialises'.

No ta. I smell a scam!

Scam is a a scam.

eldargal
03-23-2013, 12:04 AM
I'm willing to risk it.

White Tiger88
03-23-2013, 02:06 AM
I'm willing to risk it.

Want to buy a DKOK army well your at it? :rolleyes:

If this isn't a scam it will be soon.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
03-23-2013, 02:19 AM
But that kid plays MTG, must be legit... :p

White Tiger88
03-23-2013, 02:25 AM
But that kid plays MTG, must be legit... :p

That is the same as saying its a 35 year old fat guy with no kids wanting some more cash to fund his paper crack.

Mr Mystery
03-23-2013, 07:24 AM
Scam fritter anyone?

Wildeybeast
03-23-2013, 07:36 AM
Having read this again, I'm even more angry. All she wants is $829. How about her parents act like most normal, responsible parents would and budget appropriately? Rather than buying her a kindle and a bunch video games, why not take that money and use it for her course, rather than begging on the internet like some charity case, when in fact you are clearly fairly well off? What a fine example they are setting for their daughter - 'don't worry honey, rather than living within our means and saving up for the things we like, we can just get gullible idiots on the internet to pay for it'. :mad:

eldargal
03-23-2013, 07:40 AM
Meh, I don't think teaching kids how to network, raise money, interact with potential investors and so forth is necessarily a less healthy option that just giving the child some money.

Wildeybeast
03-23-2013, 08:23 AM
Either way, the message they are giving her is that she can have what she wants without having to earn it herself.

eldargal
03-23-2013, 08:27 AM
She is nine, how the heck is she supposed to earn it herself?:p At least this way she is being taught some skills beyond relying on parents.

Mr Mystery
03-23-2013, 08:31 AM
She's not nine. She's a stooge! Made up to net some unscrupulous sod the cashmonies!

Wildeybeast
03-23-2013, 08:35 AM
She's not, her parents are. If it was that she desperate for it and they couldn't afford it, I would be fine with it. We all know how expensive being a nerd is, but when they have money to buy M:TG, a kindle and various computer games for her, money is clearly not an issue. Instead of paying for it for themselves, they are getting mugs on the internet to do it. The lesson she is learning is that you don't have to work hard when you can sponge off others. But I don't want to get into a repetitive argument about it, you clearly think they are setting her a good example and I don't, so I'll leave it there. :)