PDA

View Full Version : Starship Troopers Invasion.

Mr Mystery
03-19-2013, 07:43 PM
So, picked this little beauty up today because I found it in CEX.

It's really rather fun! Animation is good, although the facials aren't up to much. Rollicking plot line, and probably the best sequel I've seen so far, and a better overall quality than Roughnecks.

If like me you've enjoyed all the films, yes including the second one, then it's a keeper. If not, probably a renter. Either way most definitely worth a watch!

Nabterayl
03-20-2013, 01:50 AM
Thanks for the recommendation. I think I'll check it out. I haven't seen Hero of the Federation (and kind of can't bring myself to, given what I've heard), but I find the Verhoeven-inspired take on Starship Troopers ... oddly compelling (I say oddly because it triggers all my OMG WHY IS THE CONCEPT OF POWERED ARMOR SO HARD FOR FILM MAKERS TO UNDERSTAND?!?!?!?! nerdrage), so I think I'll have to check this out.

Wolfshade
03-20-2013, 02:34 AM
Starship Troopers is legend wait for ary.

Just have to sit back and enjoy

FireHazard
03-20-2013, 06:11 AM
I'm just working my through the animated series as it apparently helps (but it's not absolutely necessary) to do so before watching Invasion. So far, apart from the soundtrack, I'm rather enjoying it.

Mr Mystery
03-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Yup. Roughnecks is a good if unfortunately little known series. Don't think it ever aired in the UK. Though I could be wrong!

Deadlift
03-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Yup. Roughnecks is a good if unfortunately little known series. Don't think it ever aired in the UK. Though I could be wrong!
Saturday mornings on sky, about 12/13 years ago