-Typhoon Missile Launcher

Storm Talon
-Typhoon Missile Launcher

Attack Bike
Multi-Melta

Fortification:
Defense Line
-Quad-gun

Any and all comments, suggestions, and questions are welcome! I just ask that if you suggest I add things that you also suggest what I drop to pay for it! Thanks in advance!

Shotgun Justice
03-21-2013, 12:25 PM
I'd lose the Deathwind firstly - no guarantee it will land within range and isn't killy enough. With the points saved I'd put a locator beacon on the Dreadnought drop pod - which if it survives Gate of Infinity can make use of. Speaking of the Dred I'd try to find the 5 points to upgrade it to a Siege Dred - it will have the same weapons but gains extra armour and can burn fortifications/ static vehicles.
I'd swap at least one Predator for a whirlwind. It outranges the Pred and can hide - 13/11/10 is too easy to outflank to get shots at the side armour and the stupid move 6 fire 1 weapon at full BS is a pain for a Predator. I'd be tempted to swap the 2nd predator for a walking dread to help support your Aegis squad. If anything close combat orientated gets in there you will have lost the fortification. A plasma cannon would appeal to me. Dreds can get good cover from Aegis lines too.
I used to run 2 Storm Talons like you but found swapping one typhoon for a lascannon gave a fantastic chance to drop flyers and wreck vehicles within 24".
Finally you could do with a power weapon on your drop pod sergeants and I'd swap the heavy bolter for a missile launcher since I prefer 1 snap shot krak over 3 snap shot HB shots.

Deadlift
03-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Personally not a big fan of standard dreads in 6th, if I were playing this list I would lose the Dread and try and find an extra 50pts for a group of TH/SS terminators. Locator on one of your pods and deep strike them in. They wreck face and are hard as nails against just about anything.

Falconjab
03-21-2013, 02:00 PM
Personally not a big fan of standard dreads in 6th, if I were playing this list I would lose the Dread and try and find an extra 50pts for a group of TH/SS terminators. Locator on one of your pods and deep strike them in. They wreck face and are hard as nails against just about anything.

Totally agree with Deadlift. I wouldn't even completely insist on TH/SS Termies, as Tactical Terminators can be very effective if wielded correctly. As long as they aren't going against AP2, they are devastating in CC and have the huge advantage of being able to shoot. The dread should be dropped, bring a locator on a drop pod, and I would also consider dropping the Predators. Not a big fan of bringing only a couple pieces of armor at 1500. 170 points isn't that much, but I'd rather add a couple more Attack Bikes or go with Devastators with MLs. Keeping all your units in the same "armor-type" group is a good idea. Aka bringing nothing with AV or going with full AV spam.

Pendragon38
03-21-2013, 02:39 PM
If should drop the bike and a pred for another storm talon. I would also lose the death wind drop pod it's not gonna do much anyways. Or lose the talon for thunder fire cannon and a 5 man squad of marines or scouts.

Pendragon38
03-21-2013, 02:56 PM
If should drop the bike and a pred for another storm talon. I would also lose the death wind drop pod it's not gonna do much anyways. Or lose the talon for thunder fire cannon and a 5 man squad of marines or scouts.its suppose to say( if you wanted too you should ) sorry for that.

Stutheyaxi
03-22-2013, 12:22 PM
I would drop the Predators, go for Devastator Squads, drop the Dreadnought and take an Ironclad Dreadnought in the drop Pod, I also agree the Deathwind Missle Laucher should go, try to get a Locator Beacon to.

Blenderovski
04-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Predators give mobility, but a Devastator Squad behind the Aegis Defence Line would be very useful. Heartily recommended.

Camael
04-07-2013, 09:51 AM
So, after reading your sugggestions and doing some play testing I have come up with a few changes that have definitely made me feel a lot better about this list.

Libby
Avenger and Gate

10 Tactical Marines
Lascannon and Meltagun

10 Tactical Marines
Flamer, Combi Flamer, Heavy Bolter, Drop Pod, Death Wind, Locator Beacon

10 Tactical Marines
Meltagun, Combi Melta, Multimelta, Drop Pod, Locator Beacon

Dreadnaught
Multimelta, Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod, Locator Beacon

5 Tactical Terminators
Chainfist

Stormtalon
Typhoon Missile Launcher

Stormtalon
Typhoon Missile Launcher

D-Line
Icarus

By Dropping the Predators, Attack Bike, and down grading to an Icarus, I was able to get terminators and locator beacons without really sacrificing firepower. I know a lot of you don't like the deathwind, but in every game I have played, it has payed for itself and been so annoying my opponents have wasted shots on it so I consider it a success. Plus, with the locator beacons, it now lands where I need it to all the time!

So what does everyone think?