PDA

View Full Version : Scout Kit Quick Question

ElectricPaladin
03-19-2013, 12:20 PM
The picture is ambiguous, and GW's copy on the product doesn't help, either.

Does this kit have the correct bits to assemble five scouts, all with boltguns? Or only five scouts with varying loadouts?

DWest
03-19-2013, 12:48 PM
There are technically 2 Scout kits; one is the cloaked Scouts, with sniper rilfes and camo cloaks. The other is the "Melee Scouts" kit, which is what I believe you're looking at? The Melee box has:
-5 Bolter arms
-5 Combat Knife arms and 5 matching Bolt Pistol arms
-1 Chainsword (for a sergeant)
-1 Heavy Bolter

So yes, you can do all 5 with Bolters, but be warned they're very mono-pose, and you can't really swap arms from their indicated bodies.

ElectricPaladin
03-19-2013, 12:53 PM
Awesome.

As I already used a spare landspeeder storm scout to make a scout sergeant with combi-melta and power fist - he looks pretty good, if I do say so myself - I don't doubt that the squad as a whole will stand out, even if the rest of them are a little mono-pose.

ChacoStylez
03-19-2013, 01:56 PM
Don't forget, the melee kit comes with 5 shotguns as well.

mathhammer
03-19-2013, 02:05 PM
also remember GW's instructions are crap for the scout kit.

The sniper rifles power cables are a pain (thee is a flaw in two of the bodies I don't remember what it was though)

Also if you use the camo cloak bodies without sniper rifles there are dangling cables from their back.

There is also no camo cloak missile launcher option.

And there are errors in the instructions, try to layout the models presented in the picture with the parts given and it doesn't line up.

mysterex
03-20-2013, 04:01 AM
also remember GW's instructions are crap for the scout kit.

The sniper rifles power cables are a pain (thee is a flaw in two of the bodies I don't remember what it was though)

Also if you use the camo cloak bodies without sniper rifles there are dangling cables from their back.

There is also no camo cloak missile launcher option.

And there are errors in the instructions, try to layout the models presented in the picture with the parts given and it doesn't line up.

There are camo cloaks in all the scout kits - its just that they're rolled up. There's even one with a missile tied to the top of it in the sniper box. I preferred the look of these and so used them with standard torsos instead of the cloaked scout models although making snipers this way required a bit of conversion.

spaceman91
03-20-2013, 04:07 AM
There is not 5 bolters. There's only four. And the same again in shotguns
Edit: the shotguns and bolters use the same arms.

mathhammer
03-20-2013, 08:05 AM
There are camo cloaks in all the scout kits - its just that they're rolled up. There's even one with a missile tied to the top of it in the sniper box. I preferred the look of these and so used them with standard torsos instead of the cloaked scout models although making snipers this way required a bit of conversion.

Hmmm I always looked at that as a blanket.

ElectricPaladin
03-20-2013, 08:31 AM
There is not 5 bolters. There's only four. And the same again in shotguns
Edit: the shotguns and bolters use the same arms.

Ah. That's a problem.

Luckily, I was able to make a sergeant (power fist and combi-melta) out of some land speeder storm bits, so I only need four bolter scouts.