PDA

View Full Version : DE allies for Eldar

Lost Vyper
03-19-2013, 05:46 AM
Hello,

Iīm thinking about some allies for my Eldar. Mainly i am interested on Dark Eldar, Baron + Hellions for fast troops and maybe a Raider filled with Warriors. Some one suggested Beasts for CC, but are they worth it?

Archon Charybdis
03-19-2013, 09:35 AM
Beasts took a bit of a hit this edition without wound allocation shenanigans, but they can be kept fairly cheap and can put out a fair amount of wounds.

DrLove42
03-19-2013, 10:44 AM
For Hellions to be good you need at least 10, more like 15-20 to be effective. PLus can you take named characters as allies? For some reason i think you can't.

And without the Baron Hellions are a bit pointless. Wracks are your most survivable of troops, with Hemonculi. Use a flier if you want one, but remember a Av10 flier won't last for more than 2 turns.

Hemonculi, 10 Wracks, a squad of 10 Warriors with Blaster and Cannon in a Raider (splinterracks optional, Nightshields necessary) and a Ravager would be a good compliment. And if you want more, a unit of Incubi in a Venom. They're some of the few AP2 at Initiative CC units in the game

Lost Vyper
03-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Army Builder letīs you do this, and why shouldnīt it? Heīs an HQ and Hellions become troops. Yep, if this is not possible, no need for the Hellions then...