PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Nipplewing

Chexmix282
03-16-2013, 11:00 AM
I've been trying to make my all Sanguinary Guard army work for 6th edition, but have been struggling to make a list that works well. More specifically, I keep getting tabled by armies with a large amount of MCs (Daemons) or TH/SS Terminators (SM). Any suggestions?

HQ
Commander Dante 225

Elites
3x Sanguinary Priests 225
-Jump Packs

Troops
5 Sanguinary Guard 260
-Power Fist, 2 Infernus Pistols, Power Axe, Chapter Banner

5 Sanguinary Guard 230
-Power Axe, Power Fist, 2 Infernus Pistols

5 Sanguinary Guard 230
-Power Axe, Power Fist, 2 Infernus Pistols

5 Sanguinary Guard 230
-Power Axe, Power Fist, 2 Plasma Pistols

5 Sanguinary Guard 230
-Power Axe, Power Fist, 2 Plasma Pistols

5 Sanguinary Guard 220
-2 Power Axes, 2 Plasma Pistols

Total: 1,850

Falconjab
03-16-2013, 02:32 PM
I mean, full Sanguinary Guard is as fluffy as they come. As you said, you're going to struggle badly against MC's (mostly the high T and ability to chew right through your 2+), and Sanguinary Guard don't have the number of S4 shots/attacks to overwhelm TH/SS Terminators. Easiest way to rectify that situation is to bring a couple squads of Devastators with 4x Missile Launchers... now if you don't want to do that (understandable), you're going to have to get creative.

From your list, it looks like you have one Power Axe in each squad? Or did you mean they all have Power Axes? I would try taking a squad or even two squads of full Power Axes. That might help specialize a little bit, and allow you to focus on units that you would need the extra S and AP to kill. Have you tried putting Dante in a group with a few Infernus Pistols and a Priest, then Deep Striking behind high-value targets (think: Land Raider, enemy HQ MC's, Bastion, expensive squadrons, etc) and wiping them out on the turn you enter play? The target has to be high in points or this tactic tends to explode in your face.

Because of the lack of an invulnerable (5+ on Termies or 3+ on SS) and what basically amounts to Space Marine stats with a fancy power sword, Sanguinary Guard are just going to be hard countered by a few armies... namely, the ones you listed. High T and SS/TH, and even armies with a ridiculous amount of low S small-arms fire. And it really doesn't ravage any armies out there; not now, anyway. I personally really like the idea of SG and they can look amazing, but you're going to have to accept that if you play with a full SG army, it's going to be an uphill climb. I feel like I'm preaching to the choir haha. You play them. I've only proxied them and watched them play before. You know they have their issues. My best advice is to deviate from the FULL SG layout and throw in a few different units. An Assault Squad, some Devastators with ML, even some Attack Bikes with MM. In my experience, Sanguinary Guard armies just need less Sanguinary Guard :D