PDA

View Full Version : Lost Vyper Missions Test Play

Lost Vyper
03-16-2013, 01:19 AM
Hello!

Yesterday we test played the mission number 2 (Hold Your Ground) from my own WH40K-missions. It was awesome! It worked like a charm, only thing that we "FAQ´d", was that there´s no Mysterious Ruins.

I played against the Space Puppies and because the key points ("objectives") are only worth 1p, this actually pushed me and my opponent go for the FB,LB and SWL. I seized the initiative (which later was actually worse than going in second) and had his five Scouts right in my doorstep. I put 18 Shuriken Catapult shots+ 1 pistol, 5 Pathfinder shots, 24 Scatter Laser shots and 3 Bright Lance shots in to them and STILL one was left. So, my opponent had Drop pods --> 2 x Melta shots --> One penetrating hit on a Hornet --> failed Jink = FB. It was a close match, i shot 2 x 3 WW´s in to his WL and his cronies and finally (aided by BL Hornet) cut him down, so SWL for me. On turn 5 he got his Lone Wolf denying my objective (and also LB) and my lone LB chasing Jetbike broke morale (2 x 3 GJB´s and BOTH failed morale in this game) caused the game end 2-1 SW win.

Despite of the lost, it was a very enjoyable game and a mission. It´s funny, that neither got any of the three key points which we had :) When you decide which are the key points (d6) with you opponent in the beginning is so refreshing. I would play it instantly again.