PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine Command Squad

Brakkart
03-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Okay so I finally got around to getting a command squad for the Battle Company I'm putting together and having stuck together the Apothecary and the Chapter Champion I sort of hit a brick wall. I could use some advice on what is a good weapon load out for the other 3 guys, bearing in mind 1 of them will have the banner. I was thinking of having the banner bearer have a Plasma Gun, but I honesty have no idea if that's a good idea, nor what to equip the other two with. Suggestions are very welcome!

vharing
03-12-2013, 11:36 PM
What chapter are you doing and is it a standard battle company?

Brakkart
03-12-2013, 11:54 PM
My chapter is the Imperial Fists and yes a standard battle company (the 3rd company)... well mostly standard as I only have 1 Assault Squad, the other is a Bike Squad.

RGilbert26
03-13-2013, 02:09 AM
While it's Blood Angels, my Command Squad is entirely CC based. Captain has a Thunder Hammer, one Honour Guard has a Lightning Claw, another a Power Axe and the Standard Bearer has a Power Sword.

Could go all CC if you wanted to.

spaceman91
03-13-2013, 02:35 AM
I have a mate that uses a command squad ( he uses IF aswel ). His com squad is just the apoc with 4 guys with plasma guns in a razorback. The captain is there just as a wound catcher. I think his captain is only 115pts.

Magus
03-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Don't give the banner bearer a plasma, he'll blow himself up.

Is it a combat or shooting oriented squad?

Magus
03-13-2013, 08:54 PM
I'm running a DA banner of devastation and maybe an apothecary. Two guys with combi plasma and 1-2 with bolters and storm shields for ablative wounds. The banner needs protection and buffs their bolters.

For a shooty vanilla marine squad the plasma gun has range. For assault a melta or flamer.

Denzark
03-14-2013, 03:06 AM
One for the tactcis forum methinks...