PDA

View Full Version : DA army update

DARK ANGEL
03-10-2013, 02:07 AM
Thoughts in this army?

HQ: Azrael (no upgrades)

ELITES: a company veteran squad with a combat shield/plasma pistol, missle launcher, sarge with power sword and plasma pistol

TROOP:
2 5 man terminator squad from DV starter set

2 3 man ravenwing squads from DV starter set

2 10 man tactical squad from DV starter set

HEAVY SUPPORT: a dev 5 man squad with a sarge with a plasma, 2 LCs and 2 PC
1800 points total

Tyrendian
03-10-2013, 05:07 AM
what is that vet squad supposed to be? or do? just don't see any sense in that setup at all... plasma pistols and a ML? wut?
Also, you don't have any real anti air firepower... good luck with that...

DARK ANGEL
03-10-2013, 04:11 PM
So replace then for ageis defence line and quad gun?

DARK ANGEL
03-10-2013, 04:25 PM
Im mostly fighting tau

Houghten
03-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Having an Aegis with quad-gun can rarely hurt, no matter what you're fighting.

Tyrendian
03-11-2013, 05:19 AM
yep, though it might be a little worse against Tau than against most other armies... because 1. they have ways to ignore the cover it provides and 2. except from the ForgeWorld Barracuda (which i don't think is all too brilliant for it's points) or the Remoras they don't have access to fliers (do you guys play with FW?)
I was also going to suggest a FlamerNought (Dread with TL Heavy Flamer and another Heavy Flamer in a DropPod) - always great fun those things - but against Tau it might look a little fragile... depends on what your mate is running though - seeing as you don't use any vehicles yet you might just surprise him in your first game... and having a Dread land right in his lines Turn 1 is sure to grab his attention away from your Ravenwing, which should allow at least one squad to survive to act as the beacon for your Deathwing on Turn 2... also, the Pod can get another Teleport Homer for you to target/for him to have to remove - and at some point even Tau don't have the firepower...
also, I might just be really dumb right now but your setup as posted adds up to around 1600 for me, not 1800...