PDA

View Full Version : Necron Destroyer Lord conversion

pnkfld7892
03-06-2013, 04:07 PM
I have this idea for a Destroyer lord conversion as I just acquired some destroyers and Trazyn the Infinite. I was thinking of using Trazyn's body on the skimmer part for a more custom destroyer lord. Also as a side question; would i be able to still use the converted model as Trazyn if i wanted to? If all the other gamers in my group were down with him being all skimmered out.

Nabterayl
03-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Sounds like a mighty fine conversion. As to using him as Trazyn ... do you mean literally as Trazyn? If so, I think that would be fine. Being on a skimmer body and skimmer stand is rarely good for you, so it's not like you'd be giving yourself an advantage. If you mean using him as Trazyn with the movement of a destroyer, that's obviously fine as long as your friends say so. I wouldn't, though, and I consider myself a pretty easygoing guy when it comes to my friends and I bending the rules.

pnkfld7892
03-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Yeah it was just more of a question that comes along with the conversion, considering I have more of a use for a regular D-Lord in my army than Trazyn. Thanks for the feedback :D

Tyrendian
03-06-2013, 05:02 PM
well as nab said: being on a large base has more disadvantages than advantages (like getting hit with blasts more) so... why should your friends mind? :) I wouldn't even mind letting you use him as Trazyn and trying to play it as if he were on a regular small base (provided the conversion is awesome enough to merit the trouble - and I can just imagine that one to be :)

neutrino
03-07-2013, 01:15 PM
i think it would be legal personally i dont think that trazyn is a nice sculp i think the ankar would be a cooler model

pnkfld7892
03-07-2013, 01:53 PM
I won an ebay auction with 3 destroyers and Trazyn, so that's why I'm doing it, but yes Akrakyr is a much cooler sculpt. I might have to pick him up and make 2 awesome d-lords. :D

pnkfld7892
03-11-2013, 09:19 PM
I forgot that the finecast stuff comes as one model mostly together and not in torso halves and the like of plastic. Anybody have any tips on how I could safely remove Trazyn's torso from his legs while keeping the cape intact? I'm also not sure on how to go about milling out the bottom of his torso so he would be able to be glued onto the destroyer body.