PDA

View Full Version : NEW FAQS out (german)

mathhammer
03-06-2013, 11:36 AM
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m3080052a_GER_Chaosdaemonen_v1.0a_Maerz13.pdf

I think this is the highlights, my German is very rusty.

Stormravens got the disembarkation cleaned up.
2 necron troop type changes
Demons got some tzeentch 1 rerolls on armor

HERO
03-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Does it say anything about the Tzeentch Chariot?

HERO
03-06-2013, 11:45 AM
Google translate:

Errata
Page 26 - demon of Tzeentch
replace the last sentence with the following: "In addition
Tzeentch demons repeat all protection drafts
of 1 "
Page 49, 100, Sections - disease drones device-type,
change the device-type to "cavalry with schwebemo
Module "or cavalry with floating module (Charaktermo
dell) ".
Page 66 - powerful rewards, Obesity
change the sentence as follows: "the demon has +1 life
point and the special rule it does not die. "
Page 104 - demon of Tzeentch
Change the last half sentence as follows: "protect drafts of 1
be "repeated.
Summary - Icon of Chaos
replace the first paragraph with the following: "If
you the melee bestimmst result, you add one
Results point to your website, in particular if the
melee at least one friendly unit with an
Bound icon of chaos. "

Are they ****ing stupid? Do they not realize they didn't answer a single thing people are looking for?

Defenestratus
03-06-2013, 11:55 AM
Google translate:

Are they ****ing stupid? Do they not realize they didn't answer a single thing people are looking for?

You mistake stupidity with indifference.

They don't *care* what you're looking for.

Tyrendian
03-06-2013, 12:03 PM
I'll just go through the changes for you (being german helps) - sorry if I miss some, I'll just type those marked in red (i.e. changed from last version - I'll trust GW here). Also, some might be specific to the german books, so no guarantees that all apply to the english version as well... and I hope i get the terms right... but anyway 'ere we go!

BRB:
-one small update for the reference section
-incorporated Burning Skies - i.e. Storm Talons and Storm Ravens are now legal for SM and BT

Blood Angels:
-incorporated Burning Skies - changes to Storm Raven

Chaos Demons:
Daemons of Tzeentch: Change the last sentence to "Additionally, Daemons of Tzeentch reroll all failed Save rolls of 1"
Plague Drones: Unit Type is now Cavalry with Jetpack (Character where appilcable)
Powerful Boons (rewards?) - Corpulence: The Daemon has +1W and "It will not die!"
Icon of Chaos: adds +1 to combat results as long as there's at least one in the combat

Dark Eldar:
Updated to Burning Skies

Grey Knights:
same

Imperial Guard:
same

Necrons:
same

So no to your question HERO - except what applies to all Tzeentch Daemons...
And no troop type changes with Necrons - just removed Deep Strike from their fliers to bring that in line with Burning Skies

mathhammer
03-06-2013, 12:08 PM
yhea I just figured out they were removing the storm trooper rule,
which i didn't realize was the old change
"Remove the Deep Strike special rule."

mehh my bad German combined with a lack of a German rulebook. Though I think i will order the German rulebook for funnsies.

Lydran
03-06-2013, 03:17 PM
The FAQs are dealing just with translation errors. You have to wait for a real FAQ.

Learn2Eel
03-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Google translate:

Surely you realize each language version of a codex has their own unique mistakes, usually owing to translation errors? Seriously mate - calm down. That language is completely unnecessary, and the fact that they are clarifying stuff for the German version that didn't need clarification for the English version should tell you everything you need to know.

Defenestratus
03-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Surely you realize each language version of a codex has their own unique mistakes, usually owing to translation errors? Seriously mate - calm down. That language is completely unnecessary, and the fact that they are clarifying stuff for the German version that didn't need clarification for the English version should tell you everything you need to know.

It tells me that they don't have people on staff to proof-read the translations.

Learn2Eel
03-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Probably yeah, though you never know; mistakes do happen after all. I didn't mind the Dark Angels codex, butthatis probably just me lol.

Tyrendian
03-06-2013, 04:40 PM
yeah sure mistakes can happen - but they do seem to do so awfully often when GW is involved... and when they do happen it takes GW ages to put out an FAQ, which more often than not completely fails to address most issues that concern the community (like the fact that it took them half a year to clarify that a Doom Scythe's Death Ray can't hit fliers... amusingly (or sadly... depends...) a few days before the FAQ came out I was putting that very question to a staff member in my local GW store - and he said they could... shows you just how good GW writes their rules...
Not that Privateer Press products are without their amusing little failures, especially the translations to german are golden... "Suppressing Fire" becomes "Spear Fire" by just changing Sperrfeuer to Speerfeuer - that one has almost become a classic among german players of various systems and games because it just happens so awfully often... one should think some company or other would learn... :)

Ketharim
03-07-2013, 01:13 AM
It tells me that they don't have people on staff to proof-read the translations.

Its sad but its true... because of this I am always ordering all rulebooks and codices in English for the past years, because the writting errors and especially the errors in the rules themself, due to wrong translation, were simply unbearable for me. In fact the "new" FAQs are just dealing with German specific errors and updating the FAQs with the info already released in English in February.

Archon
03-07-2013, 01:08 PM
To put one thing on top: The CSM Codex has an error in the uk-version, wich was correct in the german (an other european) version. The point-value of the Dread ... erm ... hellthingy