PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Skulls For The Skull Throne (CSM Mono Khorne)

Power Klawz
03-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Hey everyone, first thread I'm creating here on this forum, thanks for having me (or not, you know how the internet be sometimes.)

I've been playing around with the Warhams since I was a wee child of 12 or so, back when second edition 40k had just hit the shelves. I seldom get to actually play so my tactical acumen likely lacks a sort of "real world" perspective. I've been collecting and trying (in vain) to assemble and paint an ork force over the past few years and I can safely say that the collection process is pretty much done on that. (slapping everything together and making it green on the other hand will likely take a few more years...)

I've been somewhat enamored with the current run of 6th edition codexes, it feels a lot like coming home to me. A lot of the wackiness and "fluff" seems to be re-emphasized and a lot of the egregious excess of 5th edition seems to be going by the wayside slowly but surely. Encouraged by this trend I've decided to embark upon a new army.

And so here you have my basic concept for the initial 1850 points of a Khorne themed Chaos Space Marines force. I think I've come to grips with some of the painful realities of 6th vis a vis a shift towards shooting primacy, and so by admission this is more of a "fun but playable" list attempt. That being said feel free to tear it apart at your leisure and be as beardy about it as you please.

My basic concept is a mechanized (and in one case, Jugernauticized) blitz that hopefully consists of enough credible threats to make target selection difficult. This will be supported by deep striking Mutilators and Close Combat Terminators to deal with anything my main force can't quite reach in time. The flying Daemon Prince constitutes my anti-air concession and of course can operate at full efficacy along with the rest of my army if no enemy air is present.

A few obvious issues I can see creeping up are small force size and, of course, a lack of credible ranged threats. Space marines being space marines I expect the few models to die well and to take a long time doing it, and hopefully my bloodthirsty nutters are fast enough to mitigate the most dire effects of a gunline through the expedience of roaring engines. I think I'd probably feel at least a little better about my strategy if I could squeeze in at least one more dirge caster.

H.Q

Chaos Lord 170pts
Aura of Dark Glory, Gift of Mutation, Juggernaut of Khorne, Axe of Blind Fury, Mark of Khorne

Daemon Prince 265pts
Daemon of Khorne, Wings, Power Armour, Black Mace

TROOPS

10 Berzerkers 297pts
2 Plasma Pistols, Veterans of The Long War, 9 Chainaxes, Plasma Pistol and Power Sword Champion

Chaos Rhino 40pts
Dirge Caster

10 Berzerkers 297pts
2 Plasma Pistols, Veterans of The Long War, 9 Chainaxes, Plasma Pistol and Power Sword Champion

Chaos Rhino 40pts
Dirge Caster

ELITES

3 Mutilators 192pts
Mark of Khorne, Veterans of The Long War

5 Chaos Terminators 253pts
Chainfist, Heavy Flamer, 1 Pair Lightning Claws, 2 Power Fists, Mark of Khorne, Icon of Wrath, Veterans of The Long War

FAST ATTACK

5 Chaos Bikers 170pts
2 Plasma Guns, Champion Power Sword, Mark of Khorne, Veterans of The Long War

HEAVY SUPPORT

Maulerfiend 125pts

TOTAL: 1849