PDA

View Full Version : Am I weird?

spaceman91
03-04-2013, 07:50 AM
My copy of death from the skies turned up today while i was playing on my xbox. I was talking to a good friend while i opened the book and the first thing i did was sniff the book. He told me i was strange. I always do this. I love that new book smell. So am i weird or do others like this new book smell?

DrLove42
03-04-2013, 07:59 AM
I don't sniff the books, but i appreciate the new smell.

It accompanies the first read through.

alshrive
03-04-2013, 08:06 AM
i don't intentionally stick my nose in to the pages of the book and inhale with such force that i may well papercut my septum. I am however frequently aware of the new book smell, and yes i like it. I don't go out of my way to sniff it though, if i did i would end up banned from Waterstones......

Psychosplodge
03-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Nothing wrong with new book smell...

being normal is overrated anyway.

spaceman91
03-04-2013, 08:22 AM
being normal is overrated anyway.

this is the tip of the iceberg.
@ alshrive i don't stick my nose in. Im not that far gone. Yet.
Edit: i have been trown out of waterstones but that was for a very different reason.

Psychosplodge
03-04-2013, 08:28 AM
What did you have to do to get thrown out of waterstones?

SotonShades
03-04-2013, 08:38 AM
That is what I do. As has been said, normal is over-rated.

eldargal
03-04-2013, 08:51 AM
I've been known to sniff books. Watch out for some of the nastier faux leather bindings, they smell strongly like petrol and I think I got a little high sniffing a book found in such a fashion once.:rolleyes:

Deadlift
03-04-2013, 09:10 AM
The title of the thread says "am I weird" for sniffing books, not really ;) I can understand that. But look where you decided to share this info, on a forum dedicated to playing with tiny soldiers set in the far future where it's proper grimdark.

We all chat away about all aspects of our hobby quite happily, discussing such things as fluff and armour saves and all the minutia of our glorious hobby. It could be argued that in this regard, were all a little weird :)

spaceman91
03-04-2013, 09:17 AM
The title of the thread says "am I weird" for sniffing books, not really ;) I can understand that. But look where you decided to share this info, on a forum dedicated to playing with tiny soldiers set in the far future where it's proper grimdark.

We all chat away about all aspects of our hobby quite happily, discussing such things as fluff and armour saves and all the minutia of our glorious hobby. It could be argued that in this regard, were all a little weird :)

at least im in good company then.

spaceman91
03-04-2013, 09:18 AM
What did you have to do to get thrown out of waterstones?

shouting match with a member of staff.

Psychosplodge
03-04-2013, 09:24 AM
About? Suppose you were winning?

spaceman91
03-04-2013, 09:26 AM
About? Suppose you were winning?

can't remember but i would guess at costomer service. As for winning probably not as i ended up on the street. I think that means they won.

Psychosplodge
03-04-2013, 09:28 AM
It's a certain point of view thing...

spaceman91
03-04-2013, 09:31 AM
It's a certain point of view thing...

the same friend that called me weird today was the one who told me how to get even. ( i state gor the record i never did this) go to the food books and go to the toilet there. If asked why say it was a return. Now you can see what i have to deal with day to day.
Edit: i should say he comes from Birmingham so that maybe part of the problem.

Psychosplodge
03-04-2013, 09:44 AM
the same friend that called me weird today was the one who told me how to get even. ( i state for the record i never did this) go to the food books and go to the toilet there. If asked why say it was a return. Now you can see what i have to deal with day to day.
Edit: i should say he comes from Birmingham so that maybe part of the problem.

Too far that :rolleyes:

I would have thought being from Reading would have made you more likely to do it... :D

alshrive
03-04-2013, 09:47 AM
I live near Leicester, which from what I can gather, involves abandoning the written word...

Mr Mystery
03-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Nothing terribly weird there.

Though effectively growing up in a print shop, I prefer the smell of old, used books. Nice and musty does it!

spaceman91
03-04-2013, 10:41 AM
I would have thought being from Reading would have made you more likely to do it... :D
I see you have been here. How many chavs tried to rob you?

Psychosplodge
03-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Drove through it once, that was enough lol.

spaceman91
03-04-2013, 10:47 AM
Drove through it once, that was enough lol.

very fast by any chance? Its how most drive through Reading. That being said, it could be worse. I could live in Slough. The town motto should read: all who enter, give up on life.

Mr Mystery
03-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Try Bognor.

Bognor. I came, I saw, I scarpered as quickly as I could, and with that one way system o'doom, that wasn't especially quickly.

Asymmetrical Xeno
03-04-2013, 12:12 PM
My nearest town is Basingstoke.... -_- nuff said.