PDA

View Full Version : BA list in need of urgent help...please

Decaramas
03-03-2013, 09:19 AM
Hi Guys,

I am currently playing in a tournament at a club I go to and thought it would help we get into the rules for 6th. However in the last two games in have failed to kill even a single unit.

Please any advise in how to use the list below would be greatly received as I am stuck with it for months to come. I will get 250pts to add in a few games time.

Thanks a million.

1500 Pts - Blood Angels Roster

HQ: Librarian (1#, 125 pts)
1 Librarian @ 125 pts .in Terminator Armour; Shield of Sanguinius; The Sanguine Sword

Elite: Sanguinary Priest (1#, 90 pts)
1 Sanguinary Priest @ 90 pts (Sanguinary Priest in Power Armour)

Troops: Assault Squad (10#, 225 pts)
7 Assault Squad @ 225 pts
1 Assault Marine with Meltagun
1 Sergeant

Troops: Death Company (11#, 235 pts)
10 Death Company @ 235 pts
1 Drop Pod

Troops: Death Company Dreadnought
1 Death Company Dreadnought @ 125 pts

Troops: Tactical Squad (10#, 170 pts)
9 Tactical Squad; Flamer; Multi-Melta;
1 Sergeant

Fast Attack: Vanguard Veteran Squad (5#, 195 pts)
1 Vanguard Veteran Squad @ 195 pts
1 Sergeant )
1 Vanguard Veteran Lightning Claw x1
1 Vanguard Veteran ; Lightning Claw x1
2 Vanguard Veteran)

Heavy Support: Devastator Squad (5#, 130 pts)
4 Devastator Squad @ 130 pts; Missile Launcher x4
1 Sergeant

Heavy Support: Stormraven Gunship (1#, 200 pts)
1 Stormraven Gunship @ 200 pts ; 4x Bloodstrike Missiles; Twin Linked MultiMelta; Twin Linked Lascannon;

Total Roster Cost: 1495

Decaramas
03-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Hi thanks in advance for any feedback.

Here a little more info:

The trouble is I can't change the list

I am new to the game and while I did try out the list in a few games. Now I am playing a tournie over several months and am having no luckwith it at all.

The DC dread loaded on the storm raven has proved to be a great combo, but as for the rest ?.

Played two games with this so far one against dark elder and the other grey knights. The grey knights wiped me out to a man as they all had termie armour, I failed to kill a single model and against the DE they tore into me as I had to many units waiting to deep strike. I also seemed to be getting no saving throws due to a load of Ap 2 weapons.

So I am stumped and won’t be able to change the list.

Basically is the list a goner or am I missing how to play it because i am new.?

Cheers

Hi Guys,

I am currently playing in a tournament at a club I go to and thought it would help we get into the rules for 6th. However in the last two games in have failed to kill even a single unit.

Please any advise in how to use the list below would be greatly received as I am stuck with it for months to come. I will get 250pts to add in a few games time.

Thanks a million.

1500 Pts - Blood Angels Roster

1 Librarian @ 125 pts .in Terminator Armour; Shield of Sanguinius; The Sanguine Sword

1 Sergeant

1 Drop Pod

1 Sergeant

1 Sergeant )
2 Vanguard Veteran)

1 Sergeant

1 Stormraven Gunship @ 200 pts ; 4x Bloodstrike Missiles; Twin Linked MultiMelta; Twin Linked Lascannon;

Total Roster Cost: 1495

Pendragon38
03-03-2013, 12:18 PM
I'm not a BA player but I am a SM player and I would leave the storm raven in flyer mode the whole game, it's seems to do good for me that way. The hover mode makes the ST a easy target for them.

spaceman91
03-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Do the DC have bolters? I know you can't change list but they are awesome that way. I think the list is a little bit of the problem. The vanguard aren't as good as they used to be ( this is my view, please people don't give me hate) overwatch has not helped them and the fact that axes are now I1 hasn't help either. You have focused alot on tanks. There isn't anything wrong with this but i think you may have over done it a bit. If it was me i would have used assault cannons on the SR and the hurricane bolters. This i would do for two reasons, 1. The assault cannon can kill anything(with a pinch of luck) 2. The power of the machine spirit can fire the multi melta at something else or it could fire the bolters at something else if you really want that tank dead. This is just what i would do. I know you can't change your list but i hope this helps for the future.

Tynskel
03-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Well, I guess the focus will be to 'what to do with the 250 points'.

I am trying to get a feel for the tactics in your list.
Tactical Squad in the Stormraven with the DC Dread as support?
That's a pretty solid combo. With the 250 points, I would Add a Locator Beacon to the Stormraven. That way your dread n' marines can just hop out without worry and dakka something dead

Since you have a Libby in Terminator Armour, I suggest adding Terminators with the 200 points. I like Heavy Flamers because they are cheap. 205. maybe a chainfist (210). This will leave you with 25 points.

25 points can get you a powerfist. or a locator beacon on the Drop Pod and a power weapon for a squad. You are lacking AP2, so make it an axe.

Falconjab
03-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Seems to me like you need another Troops choice. I feel like I harp on it all the time, but it's just important. Right now you only have two scoring units (Assault and Tactical marines). With the 250 points, I'd consider adding a Tactical Squad in a Drop Pod with a Plasma Gun and Plasma Cannon (for Termies) or Missile Launcher (all-around). Also, you added up your points wrong. Sanguinary Priests are just 50 points if they only have Power Armor (unless you're not listing his upgrades). Where is your Terminator Librarian going? I can't seem to really find a place for him, unless you're adding him into the Tactical Squad. And on your second post you said the DC are loaded in the Stormraven, but in your army list the DC have a Drop Pod. Little confused.

This list definitely needs some adjustments, but I guess that's not an option right now. Good luck.

Phototoxin
03-04-2013, 02:55 AM

swap sword for the lance maybe..

He should only be 50pts if in power armour - is he in terminator armour?

1 Sergeant

Awesome

1 Drop Pod

It might be worth putting these in the storm raven...

1 Sergeant

...and putting these in the drop pod.

1 Sergeant )
2 Vanguard Veteran)

Lightning claws on their own are not a good idea - you loose an attack (so it can be worth adding a storm shield or another lightning claw) - is it possible to swap these out for power weapons? Make sure the sgt takes a power weapon too (he gets it free!)

1 Sergeant

awesome

cool

---

I'd put the librarian with the tacticals in a pod. The sanguinary priest can babysit the devistators (in cover!) Turn 1 the drop pod comes in - combat squad the tacticals and use the librarian to soot with the snapfiring multi-melta at high armor targets with the lance. Protect both elements with the shield. Advance with combat squadded assault marines.
Turn 2 the vanguard should come in (re-rolls on reserves with descent of angels) and attempt to heroically intervene. With some luck the storm raven might come in at full speed - remember that you can fire 2 missiles and 2 other weapons, but 1 weapon/missile can be fired by power of the machine spirit at something else.

---

The main issue with the list is that it has lack of synergy, there are some fast elements, some slow elements. Ideally it should marry up rather than arriving piecemeal. Your main obstacle will be surviving until turn 3 when the DC + dread can hopefully assault and annihilate things. If you could give the sanguinary priest a jump pack and put him with the assault marines that would be better.