PDA

View Full Version : List In Progress - Angry Wall of Fast Flesh

DrLove42
03-02-2013, 09:35 AM
So this a bit of a WIP right now. And is incredibly stupid and really silly, but just sounds funny (note this really isn't my main list, just something that occured to me as a fun thing to see)

Chaos Marine Primary, Demonic Allies (1913 right now)

Dark Apostle - 105pts
10 Cultists 50pts
10 Cultists 50pts
5 Spawn MoN - 180pts
5 Spawn MoN - 180pts
5 Spawn MoN - 180pts
Maulerfiend 125pts
Maulerfiend 125pts
Maulerfiend 125pts

Karanak - 120
Nurglings 45pts
9 Beasts of Nurgle - 468pts
10 Fleshhounds - 160pts

The point of this list? A butt ton of High Toughness models that move incredibly fast and are capaable of multiple turn 2 assaults. Lacking in shooting, so maybe lose a Maulerfiend and add in some Autocannon Havocs, maybe shave some other points, get a defence line with a gun.....

Could be silly fun!

Pater Sin
03-02-2013, 09:44 AM
The havocs would probably be better than 3 maulerfeinds, but I would give one of them a lascannon so there's a bit of long range AT capability.

Hunter
03-02-2013, 10:15 AM
The havocs would probably be better than 3 maulerfeinds, but I would give one of them a lascannon so there's a bit of long range AT capability.
i somewhat agree , replacing one of the Maulerfiends with a havock would add some utility while keeping the clear and present threat of the big scarey stuff .

i assume that your strategy is to force your opponent to come and get you and get locked in your strong CC units.

DrLove42
03-02-2013, 10:56 AM
The tactic is just run at the enemy and Hulk Smash them. Nearly everything can move 12", ignore cover and charge 12" and a good number have fleet. Target saturation is overwhelming. The sheer number of High T wounds with cover saves on the advance. I've seen entire armies fail to shoot 1 Spawn Unit of in a turn or 2, let alone 3 + friends

As I say...its not exactly a competitve list. And beast of Nurgle are incredibly expensive with a monopose.

Denzark
03-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Unless I was running a similarly ludicrous list I would probably do what is necessary to kill the 20, T3 6+ save troops you have. I could then sit back on one objective and let your other stuff be mown down, to keep you at least 3" away.

Romwe
03-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Can you use the Karanak as your HQ in an Allied Detachment? I've been trying to figure out if I'm reading too much into the Heralds of Chaos unit entry, but it says you can take them in a Primary Detachment. I really hope I'm wrong about that, because this seems like the exact use they are intended for. I really don't want to have to have a Greater Daemon or similar in order to bring Daemon allies.

DrLove42
03-03-2013, 04:37 AM
Can you use the Karanak as your HQ in an Allied Detachment? I've been trying to figure out if I'm reading too much into the Heralds of Chaos unit entry, but it says you can take them in a Primary Detachment. I really hope I'm wrong about that, because this seems like the exact use they are intended for. I really don't want to have to have a Greater Daemon or similar in order to bring Daemon allies.

I've made the decision along with my club that until FAQ'd one way or the other, we're house ruling it that you can't 4-1 heralds as allies, but can take them 1-1 in slots

Romwe
03-03-2013, 10:39 AM
That seems like a reasonable approach. I'm hoping it will be cleared up when the FAQ comes out. I'd like to do very similar to what you did, which is include a small contingent of daemons as allies to my CSM army.

BatMarine
03-04-2013, 07:41 PM
They are still HQ choices after all...

I like it, but you might take a scoring Daemon troop instead of the nurglings, for the reasons listed. Otherwise I think it's awesome unless you run into something that hits harder in cc than you.