PDA

View Full Version : Gw won't make a plastic Titan! (But Dreamforge will!!)

Nemesis
03-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Some time ago I posited that GW should make a plastic Titan---general view was that yes, people would like one but they wouldn't do it for various reasons and then, along comes this-----

http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/dreamforge-games/leviathan-crusader/prod_19888.html

Well well, a big company like GW won't do it but Dreamforge does with a Chaos version to come---Warhound anyone?

SonicPara
03-01-2013, 02:44 PM
The Dreamforge ones have been around for a while and while they are very nice they are closer to Knight Titan size.

miteyheroes
03-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Dreamforge's previous version was resin, having it in plastic is new. It comes in two sizes, the smaller is dreadknight sort of sized, the other is pushing towards warhound height (but is nowhere near as bulky and is smaller).

Denzark
03-01-2013, 05:19 PM
The one at link is given as 8.5" high. The FW warhound is given as 10.5" high - nearly 25% higher. first things come to mind - Crocodile Dundee saying 'that ain't a knife...'.

Nemesis
03-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Well, the main thing people seem to be interested in is the size right? What is the problem as regards production? GW's plastics are produced in China, where a company named Trumpeter is busily producing huge kits of warships, aircraft etc. I have two of there large ships, The Admiral Kusnetzov and the USS Nimitz. They have just issued a 1/200 scale Bismark, 1285 m/m long, (50 inches), with a one piece hull. Size is not a problem, what seems to be the real problem is GW's unwillingness to produce one due to possible low sales. After all, when it comes down to actual plastic used, it wouldn't be much more than is in the Baneblade.So, we are at the stage of saying that production of large parts is no problem, it seems to be a purely financial lack of will. Can they change---sadly I doubt it. GW just seems to ignore calls from customers and just produce what THEY want without regard to the many calls for certain kits from us, the customers. To be honest, it is technically quite simple to produce a Titan up to Warlord size, what height would that be, 4 feet or so? Yeah I know that would be ridiculous but what I was pointing out is that it would be quite possible. No, a Warhound is not a silly request, it would be easy to do one. They just don't seem to have the bottle.