PDA

View Full Version : Non GW models

iamian
02-26-2013, 05:53 PM
So I was thinking about buying into the Raging heroes kickstarter to start an IG regiment for my DA, which would be fine for my local scene. The problem is that I would like to get competative. DO many tournaments allow non gw models in their events or is it GW only. I know that at GW stores and games day they are not welcome, but I am more interested in independent cons and events.

Chris Copeland
02-26-2013, 10:07 PM
It really depends on the TOs behind the event. The biggest event in these parts is the Alamo GT. You can use any models you want at the Alamo as long as it is perfectly clear what everything is. As long as GW isn't giving prize support to an event I find that most TOs don't care... cheers! Cope

Wolfshade
02-27-2013, 02:48 AM
Yes it is hard to speculate. The Tourney's run by GW are pure GW affairs and are liable to have your minis removed from play, leaving you at a distinct disadvantage, but the independents are all different from a GW like stance to if it looks cool play it.

ChacoStylez
02-27-2013, 04:04 AM
When in doubt, just contact the TO of whatever event you're planning on going to, there should be an e-mail or whatnot to ask questions before investing into it.