PDA

View Full Version : Horus Heresy Jetbike 2k List Challenge

Quiben
02-25-2013, 07:19 PM
I really like the new Space Marine Scimitar Jetbike from Forgeworld. I fully intend to collect an army that utilizes them in great numbers. So my challenge to you guys is to come up with a viable Horus Heresy 2k list that includes a large amount of Scimitar Jetbikes. Say 14-20 jetbikes. Don't forget that the HQs can take Jetbikes too.

So, how would you guys accomplish it? Which models would you take for theme and which for table viability?

AnEnemy
02-26-2013, 12:42 AM
"So, how would you guys accomplish it?"

Take out a loan?

spaceman91
02-26-2013, 05:02 AM
"So, how would you guys accomplish it?"

Take out a loan?

a big one at that.

Quiben
02-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Pretend that money is no object for this list build.

ilan.inglis
02-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Here's my rough idea for you

HQ
Legion Praetor - Rite of war- angels wrath
Master crafted paragon blade, Thunder hammer, digital lasers, iron halo, Jetbike ~ 250(!) went all out on this guy.

Troops-
Two of these:
20 tactical marines, Dedicated storm eagle assault gunship with armored ceramite, extra Armour, missile launcher, two TL lascannons, Vengeance launcher. ~ 1070

FA
Sky hunter squadron. six bikes, two MM, four Heavy bolters, upgraded with melta bombs ~ 290
Sky hunter squadron. nine bikes, three plasma cannons, six heavy bolters~ 390
__________________________________________________ ___________________2000

there you have it. 16 bikes. two big troops on a nice flyer that is your anti-air, and can hurt both vehicles with two TLLC and missile, or infantry with the vengeance and frag missile. and also a crap load of bolter shots from the marines inside. the jetbikes are set up so that one can go hunt for those ever popular contemptors or other vehicles, and the other blast away infantry , MC's or light vehicles. The Praetor is a beast in CC with 6 (7 on the charge) attack in I5, S5, AP2 with one reroll to hit that can ID on 6's to wound, or I1, S8, AP2 with the hammer to smash open tanks.

rtmaitreya
02-28-2013, 09:15 PM
Here's my rough idea for you

there you have it. 16 bikes. two big troops on a nice flyer that is your anti-air.

I just wanted to say "kudos" for that list. It's balanced, interesting, likely effective, different, and I actually had a physical, visceral response regarding the cost. I found myself mentally adding up pounds sterling about two thirds of the way through, and that I had a slight dizziness. That's when I realized you had truly done your job exceedingly well in all facets. No object, indeed, for a list that will be stunning on the battlefield, both visually and in play. For that, again, "kudos".

RTM

ilan.inglis
03-02-2013, 06:09 PM
@rtmaitreya thanks ^_^ That's quite a compliment. I realize that people that go FW can spend the money, so what the hell? this comes around to about 800 pounds- not that crazy in FW terms.