PDA

View Full Version : What are the most likely fantasy armies up for a re-write?

nathaniel
10-28-2009, 08:03 AM
Hey all,

There is currently a lot of chat about tomb kings getting a rewrite in 2010 as well as the next version of WHFB being released.

What are peoples opinions on what armies need a re write and who will get one in the next 18 months? apart from tomb kings (and chaos dwarves as a forgeworld only release), no other armies seem to be on the horizon.

your thoughts please....

RocketRollRebel
10-28-2009, 08:17 AM
BoC are all slated to go Q1 2010 unless that is already pretty common knowledge and you weren't counting them. This is the 2nd post about the possibility of 8th edition on the horizon. Dunno if it would motivate me to play FB tho. I enjoy the fluff and the minis but the game mechanics are not my favorite.

nathaniel
10-28-2009, 11:24 AM
sorry i totally overlooked BoC in my post. DOH!!

Randroid
10-28-2009, 11:47 AM
I imagine the next armies will be:

- BoC
- OK
- TK

Hopefully in that order.

Lord Azaghul
10-28-2009, 12:50 PM
I imagine the next armies will be:

- BoC
- OK
- TK

Hopefully in that order.

Very doubtful on the OK and TK, gw has been ignoring them for years! They'll probably jump back into VC or something stupid after BoC.

Rumours however to have WE book being designed at the same time as the BoC, so they may be up soon.

zanzibarthefirst
10-29-2009, 03:12 PM
TK rumours ahve been around for quite a while but so have Bretonnia. After Beasts, I think it will be either one of those. Although if they release a new edition, they will porbably go and release a now book for the starter armies and screw everyone over.

I woudl like to see Ogres tbh though i doubt that'll happen

Wanderingroue
10-31-2009, 08:26 AM
well to be frank, the impression i got when i worked at head office was that ogre kingdoms will never get redone.

Randroid
11-01-2009, 09:06 AM
And why is that? The models sell well even though nobody rates them as being a "competitive" army.

S0ULDU5T
11-03-2009, 08:53 PM
I've been hearing for months now Skaven, Beasts of Chaos then Tomb Kings. This was before even Lizardmen so pretty accurate so far and making logical sense; beasts of Chaos are broken (in a bad way) as much as necrons got nerked in 5th so they really need an overhaul just to make some of their rules work as intended while TOmb Kings makes just as much sense considering their counterparts (VC) recently got done.

L192837465
11-11-2009, 09:17 AM
I pray to whoever has the power to do this to change Deamons.

The entire book is undercosted by 20%. fix that, and suddenly the book balances out, and so does THE ENTIRE GODDAM* GAME. I'm not kidding. Take Deamons out of the equation at a tournament, and miraculously the weird cool fun armies start winning and doing well.

When a single army is entirely immune to Warhammer, balance is compromised.

Lord Azaghul
11-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Agreed. It would go along way. The only other army that I think is undercosted in DE - hatred wasn't considered in the cost.

Kefka
11-12-2009, 01:36 AM
Well the 4 oldest books are:
Tomb Kings
brettonia
Ogres
Wood Elves.

So logical sense would mean 1 of those 4. Butt Brettonia and Wood Elves still hold their own footing,being mid-tier. (Wood Elves just won 2 of the 4 tournaments in my area recently, placing high in the other ones as well). So, again, logic would state not those two, but Ogres or Tomb Kings.
But we are talking about GW here, so logic may be ruled out.

My hope is (In this order)
OK
TK
Bretts

Maybe slip in DoC some where, and just boost EVERYTHING'S points cost by 5 or 10 points to make it a little more balanced.