PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Forge WIP RoB

eldargal
02-22-2013, 07:02 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JPw6whUxcP8/USdcI_lpTaI/AAAAAAAAE7M/ip_eT96_-z8/s1600/10-DSC_0620.JPG
Finally, a WFB RoB board. Not what I would have hoped for but I'm not complaining, any WFB terrain from Warhammer Forge is welcome.

Wildeybeast
02-22-2013, 07:12 AM
I'm not sure. It is rather underwhelming and making use of old pieces is just lazy. If it doesn't sell well because it's bit 'plain' it may actually harm the chances of them making another one. I'd have rather they made something with much more of a 'wow' factor to it, like the Necron board.

eldargal
02-22-2013, 07:14 AM
Well it's not lazy really, they are using what they already have but is no longer economical to produce, it makes a lot of sense. I grant that an artillery emplacement isn't the most exciting start but given the theme of the next Warhammer Forge book it won't be out of place. Fairly generic too, I mean it would be easy to orkify and both Empire and the Vertically Challenged can use it. Doing something like a Dark Elf/High Elf/Lizardmen piece would limit sales even more.

Wildeybeast
02-22-2013, 08:01 AM
True, but it could have been more imaginative and exciting. It could have been a bit more 'Warhammer' too.

eldargal
02-22-2013, 08:03 AM
Well it is a work in progress.:)