Fast Attack
Attack Bike Squadron
2 Bikes, 2 Multimelta

Heavy Support
Devastator Squad x5
4x Plasma Cannon

Stormraven Gunship
Hurricane Bolter Sponsons, Twin Linked Assault Cannon, Twin Linked Multi-melta

Idea here is to have the Devastators and the Guardsman camp out in back and provide covering firing. Tycho goes with the Sternguard in the Rhino, along with Corbulo.

Assault Squad follows suite in the other Rhino, firing plasma out of the hatches.

Death Company can ride in the Stormraven, or foot it across the field, depending on the opponent.

Thoughts?

Falconjab
02-18-2013, 10:56 PM
I would probably give the Sternguard combi-plasma instead of straight Plasmaguns... and even then, plasma scares me on 25+ point models that can kill themselves. But if you give em combi-plasma they can still use their special issue ammunition and they probably wouldn't need to shoot the Plasmaguns more than once (or twice) per game. Also, not sure that a Rhino is a very good idea for the Sternguard/Corbulo/Tycho. That's like a 500 point unit. Your opponent will pop that thing on turn one. If you're set on keeping those three together, I would get a couple drop pods and throw the Sternguard/Corbulo/Tycho in one of them.

And as long as we're on the subject of transportation, your two Rhinos kinda make me nervous. That's your only armor on the table. MAYBE one will survive a turn of shooting, but I wouldn't count on it. And if your Assault Squad Rhino gets up there, they can't assault out of the Rhino anyway. Maybe think about making them into a Tactical Squad, if you want to keep the Rhinos. That way they can at least double-tap their bolters on the turn they disembark.

Does your Assault Squad actually have 10 members? Cause if you have 9, you can't take two Plasmaguns. Only with 10. Might also want to think about going TL Multi-Melta and TL Lascannons on the Stormraven. You have enough anti-infantry and the Stormraven should be focused on killing other aircraft (in your list). Then you can still fire the Hurricane Bolters at a second target, with Power of the Machine Spirit.

Psychic powers are really important in this edition, and right now you don't have any psychic defense. I would consider dropping the Commissar for a Primaris Psyker and even Tycho for a Librarian on foot. That would also save you some points for other stuff, if you needed it. For instance, trying to fit another scoring unit in your army. Your Blood Angels only have one scoring unit. That would make me a little nervous.

Also... what is the Chaplain with Jump Pack attached to? Does your Death Company actually have Jump Packs and you didn't list em? I'm wondering how all your math adds up. Would be nice to at least include unit values. If they do have Jump Packs, this would be a nice place to find points for Drop Pods. You could drop the Jump Packs, give the Assault Squad/Sternguard/Death Company a drop pod each, and you could have a nice delivery method. In my experience, having only a couple drop pods is much better than only having a couple Rhinos. The Rhinos just get popped too easily, when you don't have enough armor saturation.

Sorry about all the questions. A lot of stuff is just unclear to me from your current list.

DreadPirateRoberts
02-18-2013, 11:13 PM
Sorry, I was transcribing from Battlescribe on a laptop, didn't notice there were so many errors.

With a priest attached, I'm not too worried about the sternguard overheating. I don't like the idea of a rhino either, I just don't have any drop pods at the moment and I have a ton of rhino chassis from the last edition. I agree with your assessment though.

The assault squad is ten, so they could take 2 plasma. I was thinking of a Tactical squad, but from inside a rhino they only get the one plasma gun if it's moving.

The bloodstrike missiles on the stormraven are good against air units, the meta around here hasn't seen too many from my opponents. Otherwise the the MM and assault cannon have been decent at dealing with air threats.

Speaking of meta, I really haven't had to deal with psychic powers much, and with the nerf to the hoods I've wanted to try something different.

The chaplain shouldn't have a jump pack, he's attached to the DC, I plan on bringing them in on the stormraven or on foot depending on the opponent.

Angelofblades
02-19-2013, 03:59 PM
I don't see what exactly, the IG allies are doing for you that you couldn't have gotten with a few other tactical squads or more devastators...

Falconjab
02-20-2013, 03:48 AM
With IG, you get a lot more bodies for very cheap. Yes, T3 and 5+ saves.... but still a lot of bodies for your opponent to deal with. Plus, that's a lot of Autocannons. Guess that's what he's thinking. I'd probably roll with a Vendetta or two instead of the Stormraven (if I hadn't bought the Stormraven yet or had a lot of painted Imperial Guard lying around); they're just a better value all around imo.