PDA

View Full Version : Deathwing 2k Army

MasterGideon
02-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Hello all,

It has been a while but I am back after reading the new book I have come up with a list, was looking for feedback. Now this list is based on me fighting a friend who 99.9% runs a Eldar Army with Farseer+warlocks, along with 2 wraitlords and a Avatar, 2 Units of Dire Avengers, Fire Dragons W/wave serpent, Howling Banshees w/Wave serpent, Rangers and Dark Reapers.

HQ: Belial Sword of Silence, Storm Bolter

HQ: Librarian in Terminator Armour
1 Librarian in Terminator Armour, Psychic Hood; Terminator Armour; Storm Bolter; Force Staff; Porta-rack; Increase Mastery Level (Telepathy- Psychic Shriek, Pyromancy or divination)

Elite: Dreadnought
1 Dreadnought,Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Twin-Linked Autocannon; Twin-Linked Autocannon

Elite: Dreadnought
1 Dreadnought,Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Twin-Linked Autocannon, DCCW W/Storm Bolter

Troops: Deathwing Terminator Squad
9 Deathwing Terminator Squad, Power Fist x7; Storm Bolter x7; Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x2; Cyclone Missile Launcher x2
1 Deathwing Terminator Sergeant Lightning Claws

4 Deathwing Terminator Squad, Power Fist x4; Storm Bolter x3; Assault Cannon x1

Fast Attack: Ravenwing Support Squadron
1 Ravenwing Support Squadron, Heavy Bolter x1; Heavy Bolter x1

Fast Attack: Ravenwing Support Squadron
2 Ravenwing Support Squadron, Multi-melta x2; Typhoon Missile Launcher x2

MasterGideon

Kaijne
02-18-2013, 06:05 PM
What's your solution to the Wraithlords and Avatar? I'm not seeing a lot of monstrous creature busting mayhem. Are you planning on Death wing Assaulting your terminators onto the table and hoping the Land Speeders and Dreadnoughts don't get face rocked by the array of eldar dancing around them and shooting them? Give me an idea of your tactical approach.

I am not being a critical douche, though the words may seem that way, just over using hyperbole again

vharing
02-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Honestly with all the assault cannons, cyclone missile launchers and melta from the speeders I dont think he would have a hard time with MCs

Tynskel
02-18-2013, 07:48 PM
err, um... well, powerfists work well against wraithlords.

Lots of shooting works against an avatar...

I'd be more concerned about the dancing around. The assault cannons make Eldar dance, however.

Kaijne
02-18-2013, 09:11 PM
my concern is IF he's using deathwing assault, he's only got the two speeders and dreads on the table vs. an entire 2000 point eldar army. Power fists, cyclones, and other equpiment won't matter if they don't get to deploy since he's gotten tabled. even on a good day, the eldar are more mobile than a deathwing heavy dark angels list.

MasterGideon
02-19-2013, 07:25 AM
My Plan as it stands is to DWA Belial, Liberian & 10 man squad to take out his farseer/warlocks in turn one (so the wraithlords will need to roll for wraithsight each turn.

The 3 DW squads with the 2 Dreds will start on the table with the speeder/dreds in cover/behide LOS then form up and work together to hold objects and take out the wave serpents, the speeders I am going to use take out the wraithlords and then move onto the Avatar.

If my maths is correct, I should hopefully be able to take out 1 wraithlord and 1 wave serpent in the 1st turn (including passages), the idea also is the challange the Farseer with my Liberian in order to gain prefered enemy (porta rack) for the 10man DW and Belial.

MasterGideon