PDA

View Full Version : The Heist -WH40K Mission

Lost Vyper
02-18-2013, 03:54 AM
Hi!

This is what i cooked up and iīm hoping we can test play it this wednesday. If you get around to try it, please, gimme feedback, thanks!

The Heist

Mission:

Steal the opponents valuable research material and get away with it. Any infantry unit can carry/steal it, but to get the 3p, troop-unit has to have it in possession when the game ends.

Deployment:

Short board edges, deployment within 12"

Slay the warlord (1p / 2p if in challenge)
Line Breaker
Night Fighting
Objective 3p (which can be moved max 12" in turn) in the Bunker (in the beginning of the game)

Bunker AV14 :

Can buy : (No effect on FOC)

Quad-Gun 50p
or
Icarus 25p

any of the following :

Radio link 50p
RE-roll to hit 25p
RE-roll to wound 25p
Reinforced walls 25p (roll two results of damage table, choose one)
Smoke launchers 25p (once per game smoke)
Mine Field 25p (2d6 STR5 AP3 hits) (size : 2 x Blast template)
Razor Wire 10p (difficult terrain)

Normal game length

Wolfshade
02-18-2013, 04:19 AM
I like the idea, but the question is how is this different from the relic?

OrksOrksOrks
02-18-2013, 05:05 AM
I like the idea, but the question is how is this different from the relic?

I'm guessing that one side is the defender and the other the attacker, so, the defender arms up the bunker and sits guys in there and the attacker goes for it, I'd say at the moment though, its going to be difficult to push the defender out without them running off with the objective before you kill them all, but i really like the idea.
Maybe have it reflected that the bunker is also the LZ for getting the research out, so, to get the VPs, the defender has to stay in the bunker area and it has to be clear of attackers, otherwise they can't land the escape ship.

So, if at the end of the game, the attackers have the objective in their possesion, they get the VPs, if they don't but are within 6" of the bunker no one gets it but if they don't have it, the defenders are within 6" of the bunker and there are no attackers in that area, the defenders get the points.

Lost Vyper
02-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Actually, both have the Objective+Bunker...this pushes you to Linebreak or kill the Warlord AT LEAST. Also, the option for your units are endless. Do you keep almost everything just to Defend or attack Kharn-style and hope for carnage? Itīs funny, in the 5th ed. we actually played a mission with 90% of the rules explained by OrksOrksOrks above :) It was ok mission, itīs in our old bat reps

OrksOrksOrks
02-18-2013, 09:08 AM
Actually, both have the Objective+Bunker...this pushes you to Linebreak or kill the Warlord AT LEAST. Also, the option for your units are endless. Do you keep almost everything just to Defend or attack Kharn-style and hope for carnage? Itīs funny, in the 5th ed. we actually played a mission with 90% of the rules explained by OrksOrksOrks above :) It was ok mission, itīs in our old bat reps

Interesting! although why two factions would set up a research facility within 50 metres of each other is a puzzle!!

I think I'll be trying out this senario this week with a friend.

Lost Vyper
02-19-2013, 06:31 AM
The fluff is the hardest part, i know :) ...Maybe itīs the only place with necessary volcanic activity? See...itīs hard :)

Lost Vyper
03-01-2013, 06:32 AM
Test played it, here

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?30086-The-Heist-mission-test-played&p=287692#post287692