PDA

View Full Version : Help me please?

DARK ANGEL
02-17-2013, 01:22 AM
Ok so I've figured I'd make a bike army foru ravenwing
HQ: sammuel on the new corvex with the standard plasma cannon
ELITES: a five man veteran squad with a misslle launcher, 2 bolters, combat Shield/ plasma pistol and sarg with plasma pistol and power sword
Also a 5 man death wing termi squad with one chainfist and storm bolter, 2 storm bolter/ power fists, one AC and power fist, sarg with power fist and force sword
TROOPS: one squad of 6 bikes with one Sarg with a power fist, 5 standard bikes/ two meltas
Also a 3 man squad of bikes with standerd equipment and one plasma gun and one chainsword also including a multi melta attack bike
a ten man tac squad with standerd marines one plasma gun one plasma cannon and one chainsword with plasma pistol
FAST ATTACK: one ravenwing speeder with AC/HB
HEAVY SUPPORT: one devastator 5 man squad with one sarg with a chainsword and a plasma pistol 2 plasma cannons, 2 Lascannons
TOTAL: 1495
Also note that every body but HQ and termis have melta bombs
Please comment and critizize but keep it cool I'm new to this

ChacoStylez
02-17-2013, 04:56 AM
I don't have the book in front of me right now for point comparison, but why not just take Azrael instead of Sammael, you keep Ravenwing as troops, but also make your Deathwing troops for added versatility.

Houghten
02-17-2013, 05:54 AM
Point one: how did your Terminator Sergeant end up with a power fist and force sword? Do you mean power sword and storm bolter?

Point two: for a Ravenwing army, this doesn't strike me as very fast, what with the Company Veterans, Tactical Squad and Devastator Squad. The Veterans squad especially is the odd one out, it can't sit back and blast away without wasting the sergeant's upgrades and it can't charge in without wasting the missile launcher. I get that the Tactical Squad is there because you bought Dark Vengeance and don't want to waste too much of it, and that's cool, but what are the Veterans there for?

Personally, I'd drop them to make room for enough points to bump up the second Ravenwing bike squadron to six models. I'd also drop the melta bombs from, at the very least, the Devastator squad (along with the sergeant's plasma pistol) and the Ravenwing Sergeant with the power fist. He's already got a power fist, he doesn't need melta bombs.

--------------------

So:
HQ: Sammael on Corvex
(200)
Elites: Deathwing Terminator Squad, assault cannon, chainfist
(245)
Troops: Ravenwing Attack Squadron, +3 models, power fist, 2x meltagun
(206)
Troops: Ravenwing Attack Squadron, +3 models, plasma gun, chainsword, melta bombs
+ Attack Bike, multi-melta
(236)
Troops: Tactical Squad, +5 models, plasma gun, plasma cannon, plasma pistol / chainsword
(185)
Fast Attack: Ravenwing Support Squadron, assault cannon
(80)
Heavy Support: Devastator Squad, 2x plasma cannon, 2x lascannon, chainsword / plasma pistol
(155)
I make that 1307 points... that doesn't seem right for the small changes I made. Let me do it again...
...I make your original list only 1396 points. Hmm. Is there a unit you're not telling us about? I probably shouldn't go any further without knowing that.

DARK ANGEL
02-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Thank you

DARK ANGEL
02-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Ok so houghten I really appreciate what you do but I'm using battlescribe are you using the 6th eidition? plus the HB on the land speeder and all the melta bombs ps what army do you use?

Houghten
02-18-2013, 12:18 AM
Oh, I don't use a program. I read things out of the codex (and yes, it was the 6th edition one) and add them up meticulously.

The Land Speeder's heavy bolter doesn't cost anything; you get it for free.

I suspect that some of the points values in Battlescribe may not have been updated from the 4th edition codex.

As to my own army... I usually think of myself as "an Ork player," but that would do a huge disservice to my Sisters of Battle, Space Marines, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons and Chaos Marines (and that's just 40k). When I'm playing Dark Angels, I like to go heavy on the Deathwing and drop three squads within 6" of whichever Ravenwing squad is closest to the enemy. But that's a very different style of play to the "bike army" you said you were going for, and I'm not saying it's any more or less valid. Just that the list you made won't necessarily be that bike army.