PDA

View Full Version : plastis is fantastic, well cheaper

madmonk
02-16-2013, 07:58 AM
well i am new here so hi to all that read. I am an ex-employee of the dread that is Game Sweatshop, sorry meant Workshop. Just a bit of news for all, is that finecast is dead, long live plastic. During my years there, one of the last decisions that was announced was that the company is going to what they call total plastification of products. Having still not completely cracked Finecast and the amount of waste they produce, future products are going to be eventually plastic only. Finecast will continue until 2015 as they have a contract for the Hobbit, but most other things will become plastic. This means they can run the moulding machines with less staff. The initial outlay is more expensive for the tool to be made, but will last longer and scrap can be recycled, unlike the staff who are being slowly laid off. So the new way to increase profits, is get less staff to produce cheaper plastic products and charge more to the customers. Expect prices to rise and plastic to become the new Finecast. You just have to love them......not!!!