PDA

View Full Version : 1750 Ravenwing List

Hessenth
02-16-2013, 06:01 AM
Hello, looking for critiques for this list.

HQ: 710

Samael: 200

Librarian: 125
-Bike: 20
-Mastery Level 2: 35

Ravenwing Command Squad: 220
-Apothecary: 30
-Blade of Caliban: 5
-Banner of Devestation: 65
-Ravenwing Grenade Launcher: 0

Ravenwing Command Squad: 170
-Apothicary: 30
-Ravenwing Company Banner: 15
-Blade of Caliban: 5

Troops: 653

Ravenwing Attack Squadron: 236
-3 Extra Bikes: 81
-Attack Bike: 45
-Multimelta: 10
-Meltagun x2: 20

Ravenwing Attack Squadron: 236
-Attack Bike: 45
-Multimelta: 10

Ravenwing Attack Squadron: 181

Fast Attack:

Darkshroud: 80

Nephalim: 180
-Lascannon: 0

Black Knights: 126
-Ravenwing Grenade Launcher:0

Any thoughts Appreciated.

Hessenth
02-16-2013, 11:28 PM
No thoughts, comments? I mainly play against Nids, Tau, IG, and Chaos Space Marines.

Hessenth
02-21-2013, 01:40 AM
Bump? :(

Falconjab
02-21-2013, 01:49 AM
Just wondering, as I've never played with a bike army... do you have a lot of trouble with Horde armies? It seems like your low model count and lack of anti-infantry would really be a problem. I also think I'd take out one of the Command Squads and try and free up a few points for another Attack Squadron. Three scoring units probably isn't enough at 1750. Unless, that is, I don't understand the DA codex well enough and some of your other units CAN score. Also wondering how well the Nephalim is doing in your games. Or have you not built this army yet?

Hessenth
02-21-2013, 02:13 AM
The Army is mostly built (Just have to finish the Nephalim). The 2 games I have fought with it I have fought against Tau, who just rail it to death, even shooting at BS1. However, I like that it is mobile AA (as apposed to Devastators.)

I can combat squad the attack bikes to squads of 3, totalling 6 mini squads. I deal with Hordes with a few ways, 1 being the salvo banner making every biker shoot 4 twin-linked bolter shots (thats 72 twin linked bolter shots a turn) and 2, with the Ravenwing Nade Launcher (allows me to shoot rapid fire Frag Nades). I may replace the squad without the attack bike with 2 flamers instead, since I have so much melta. Yes I think my low model count could hurt me, but my playstyle is aggressive so I would hope to get in there do damage to anything that could really harm me. The second command squad is there to add cheaper, slightly better ravenwing knights (they are 6 points cheaper for some reason than the fast attack version, have a champion and can take an apoth).

Dalleron
02-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Agreed. I'd ditch the second command squad for more bikes. I'd also take some plasma guns on some of the RAS. I may actually ditch both command squads, too many points for 1500. With such a small model count, I would prefer more tires on the field. Asuming you bought/buy the ravenwing battleforce, don't discount the speeders in the box. They can put out enough shots that maybe they cant' be ignored. I don't have blacknights yet, as I've only played my ravenwing pre 6th ed.

iamian
02-21-2013, 03:31 PM
do you have a lot of trouble with Horde armies?

with that banner of devastation any of his bikes within 12 in of it get to make 4 twin linked bolter shots at 24 inches.

I recently had to suffer through 54 shots, about 10 of which missed. Yeah, it vaporizes hordes.

Hessenth
02-22-2013, 01:04 AM
The second Command Squad is there because they are slightly cheaper knights with a ravenwing banner and an apoth option. This is 29 Bikes on the field, with a Nephalim for AA and Darkshroud for a large radius of stealth (that makes their jink 4+).

Tynskel
02-22-2013, 11:17 AM
I'd ditch the second command squad to get Ravenwing Knights with some Grenade Launchers so you can have more models and de-buffs against your opponents.

FortheEmperor!
02-24-2013, 02:08 PM
I would keep the command squads, but not the Nephilim. I think it is a poor unit, but I LOVE the model and maybe you can get great results from it.
I love the Black Knights. They are WIN in all my games! I think the Standard of Devastation is the way to go with Ravenwing. Positioned right, you can get multiple squads to use it. I like the list. I don't know what I would use instead of the Nephilim, except maybe a 10-man dev squad or an Aegis Defense Line and another Landspeeder...

Hessenth
03-01-2013, 10:58 PM
I would keep the command squads, but not the Nephilim. I think it is a poor unit, but I LOVE the model and maybe you can get great results from it.
I love the Black Knights. They are WIN in all my games! I think the Standard of Devastation is the way to go with Ravenwing. Positioned right, you can get multiple squads to use it. I like the list. I don't know what I would use instead of the Nephilim, except maybe a 10-man dev squad or an Aegis Defense Line and another Landspeeder...

Yeah the nephalim is there because it is my anti flyer, and does not require me to have a foot slogging squad (IE: devestators) for that role because they would be left behind, and thus be victim to any deep striking units or units meant to disrupt my backfield. I don't want a backfield. My goal is to be 100% mobile and good at breaking castle armies while being the better of the two "comin at ya" armies.

Falconjab
03-02-2013, 01:07 AM
Well, you say you want critiques but then you don't really want critiques lol. The Nephalim is overpriced and I wouldn't use it (and even with the Nephalim, you're not going to be able to deal with more than one enemy flyer; plus, if your opponent has a few flyers your Nephalim points are basically wasted), you have a LOT of points invested in your HQ (two Command Squads seems like overkill, but I guess you're going for two Apothecaries?), your Darkshroud should be target priority #1 for your enemy and I can't see it lasting more than a turn, and you only have three Troops choices at 1750. You could probably deal with most of those problems, as a couple aren't going to break your list, but I'm not sure you can deal with all of them. Also... how are you going to deal with it if your opponent drops one or two of the objective markers in your backfield? Just ignore them?

I'd drop the second Command Squad and the Nephalim, pick up 6 Scouts with snipers and cloaks, sit them behind an Aegis Defense Line with Quad-gun, and get a fourth Ravenwing Squadron with Plasma Guns. Take it or leave it.

Hessenth
03-02-2013, 04:51 AM
Well, you say you want critiques but then you don't really want critiques lol. The Nephalim is overpriced and I wouldn't use it (and even with the Nephalim, you're not going to be able to deal with more than one enemy flyer; plus, if your opponent has a few flyers your Nephalim points are basically wasted), you have a LOT of points invested in your HQ (two Command Squads seems like overkill, but I guess you're going for two Apothecaries?), your Darkshroud should be target priority #1 for your enemy and I can't see it lasting more than a turn, and you only have three Troops choices at 1750. You could probably deal with most of those problems, as a couple aren't going to break your list, but I'm not sure you can deal with all of them. Also... how are you going to deal with it if your opponent drops one or two of the objective markers in your backfield? Just ignore them?

I'd drop the second Command Squad and the Nephalim, pick up 6 Scouts with snipers and cloaks, sit them behind an Aegis Defense Line with Quad-gun, and get a fourth Ravenwing Squadron with Plasma Guns. Take it or leave it.

I agree the nephalim is overpriced and underwhelming and will probably not kill more than 1 flyer (if that.)

I have actually taken out the second command squad and added some more troops (with plasma), so you read my mind there. If the nephalim proves to be not worthwhile (i already bought it =/) then I will most def. add scouts + ADL.

I have found that turboboosting to the backfield works fine when my opponent places objectives behind me. Either way more troops (and cheap troops) would most likely help my list alot.