PDA

View Full Version : 1999pt SW list w/ BA allies

wellweee
02-16-2013, 04:11 AM
I'm back again with another list. Those of you who have very good memories might remember I wrote a 1999pt SW list with DA allies. Well after a few games I've changed my mind. The ally of convenience rules really put a hamper to the effectiveness of the list, and the foot slogging approach didn't go to well. So the Dark Angels are out, and the Blood Angels are in. The main reason is to add some much needed reach to my army, and nothing can do that better then a Stormraven transporting some Death Company with attached Reclusiarch. I've also added some transport to my troops, and made the list a bit more mobile.

Primary Detachment

HQ

Rune Priest w/ Master of Runes (divinations), Plasma Pistol, Runic Armour and Wolftooth Necklace 195pts

I know he's expensive, but I find that this set up not only keeps him alive, but he can actually take out anything that doesn't have AP1/2 pretty easily. Also he's the warlord, so I don't want him to die, as those extra points can easily make the difference between victory or defeat.

Troops

10 Grey Hunters w/ 2xPlasma guns and Mark of the Wulfen 175pts

10 Grey Hunters w/ 2xPlasma guns and Mark of the Wulfen 175pts

10 Grey Hunters w/ 2xMeltaguns, Mark of the Wulfen and Rhinos w/ Extra armour 220pts

10 Grey Hunters w/ 2xFlamers guns, Mark of the Wulfen and Rhinos w/ Extra armour 215pts

The core of the force. 2 squads in rhinos to try and take an objective, and 2 on foot to advance behind them. Mark of the Wulfen are there to add extra attacks and get those important rending attacks. Plus I love the fluff for them!

Elites

3 Wolf Guard w/ 1xPower Axe and 1x Terminator w/ Power Fist 89pts

The Wolf Guards split of, 2 with weapons to the foot Grey Hunter Squads, the bare bones to the Long Fang squad

Heavy Support

6 Long Fangs w/ 5xMissile Launchers and 140pts

Allied Detachment

HQ

Reclusiarch 130pts

Troops

5 Scouts w/ Camo, Snipers and Missile Launcher 100pts

8 Death Company w/ 1 Power Fist, 8 bolters 185pts

Heavy Support

Stormraven w/ Hurricane Bolters and Extra Armour 245pts

The Death Company and Reclusiarch go into the Stormraven and try and kill stuff. The Scouts sit on an objective and hope they don't die.

The list at the moment comes to 1869 so I've got 130pts to play with. Not sure what to add to this. Perhaps a Furioso Dread or another HQ? Not sure what kind of Squad you can get for 130pts (before you ask, I don't have any other Long Fangs with missile lauchers...)

Falconjab
02-16-2013, 04:37 AM
The reason I always get scared off of Stormravens is that you need to use them as a transport to fully utilize them. If your 245 point Stormraven gets killed, you probably lose that whole squad to the auto S10 hits with no armor save allowed. That's 560 points down the drain. And yea, Long Fangs would be great for those last 130 points haha. If not them (and I know you don't have any right now), then maybe a Rifle Dread (2x TL Autocannons) or a second Rune Priest, this time barebones with Terminator armor.

ACTUALLY, looking at your force I would recommend dumping some points into giving another Wolf Guard Terminator Armor and a Power Fist to go with the other Grey Hunters squad. And if you really want to keep the Mark of the Wulfen in there, I'd still find points for Wolf Banners for all your squads. Rerolling ones for a whole turn is crucial, especially in decisive battles.