PDA

View Full Version : FW Emperors Children Contemptor

eldargal
02-15-2013, 09:07 AM
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/eccomp5.jpg

£32.00 (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/EMPERORS_CHILDREN_LEGION_CONTEMPTOR_DREADNOUGHT.ht ml)

Wolfshade
02-15-2013, 09:19 AM
Pretty, you shall come home with me

Deadlift
02-15-2013, 09:31 AM
It's a bit fussy for my tastes. Sure it's very nice but not for me. I like the standard one much more.

Kawauso
02-15-2013, 09:54 AM
It's a bit fussy for my tastes.

Well, that's the Emperor's Children for you.

I'm holding out for the Space Wolf and Thousand Sons contemptors, myself.

SotonShades
02-15-2013, 09:56 AM
I may have to get one. I didn't like the relic contemptor when it came out, but I think this guy (sans the III markings) would fit very nicely. Also a good excuse to get more arms... always need more arms!

Asymmetrical Xeno
02-15-2013, 10:50 AM
Looks a bit more interesting than the death guard one, also it's lot's of dalek bumps on it which is always good.

Defenestratus
02-15-2013, 11:08 AM
I wonder when FW will decide that they have customers other than those that want to play Fragmentation 40k or power armored armies.

Anggul
02-15-2013, 11:09 AM
It's really nice as long as you cut off the massive number of ridiculous, pointless little bumps.

Brakkart
02-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Not a fan of all the Dalek bumps on this one, but other than those it is a very nice alternative to the Relic chassis (so long as you file the III off as Shades mentioned). I had to grin when I read the e-mail that Forge World sent out, in particular this bit:

The significant advantages in speed and durability granted to the Contemptor over older Dreadnought patterns are not without cost, however, as it requires higher levels of maintenance than other designs. This has not prevented it from finding a place amongst all the Space Marine Legions though and demand for the new chassis is incredibly high.

I do have to wonder if that is a somewhat meta reference to how popular the Contemptor Dreadnought's have proven to be?

AnEnemy
02-15-2013, 01:29 PM
Enough with the ****ing rivets already! Will Hayes needs some new inspiration.