PDA

View Full Version : Question for Dark Angels Players: Fallen Specific Backpacks?

The Sovereign
02-14-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm making a Fallen biker lord, and my friend is under the impression that the Fallen have a specific backpack design (basically Cypher's). Is this correct, or will any Chaos-y backpack suffice?

Alan Connell
02-14-2013, 07:02 PM
depends if you want him basically a chaos fallen or renegade non chaos fallen, if its the chaosy variety then its purely down to your imagination and how many tentecles you can attach, if its the renegade non chaosy variety, then id go for a pre heresy backpack from forgeworld.

however, keep in mind that the fallen was cast through time and space, with time being the operative word, as you could have a fallen thats been about for 10k years in theory, or they have been just spat out of the warp and to the fallen it has only been a year since the fall.

again if its the former, then he could have his original armour, a scavenged set to repair damage over the years, or even nicked one off a dark angel, if its the later of just spat out of the warp and it only seems a year then he would prob have pre heresy armour.

something to hopefully give you ideas, but as to specific fallen backpack, i dont pelieve one exists, though dont hold me to that as im sure if one does, someone more saavy then me will prob link it.

vharing
02-14-2013, 10:49 PM
This would be what I think you friend is referring to.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440336a&prodId=prod1860240
When I first starting playing 40K about ten years ago there was a thing about Cypher in one of the WDs. They had a whole squad of fallen with him all kitted out with these packs. I bought one of these set for the chirugeon pack for on of my sanguinary priests, but have since started collecting both CSM and DA. I plan on scratch building my own Cypher using one of the fallen packs and some DA bits.