PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse 2.0

Bigred
02-12-2013, 12:46 AM
New apocalypse book said to be on the way - totally revamped and updated for 6th

The Basics:

Ships in June/ July

-Updated Rules for 6th edition including new point costs for apoc units and formations
-New formations including flyer squadrons
-New Asset Cards
-New Scenarios
-New Battle Reports

DrLove42
02-12-2013, 03:06 AM
Fix Flank March and we'll talk

eldargal
02-12-2013, 04:08 AM
Seems to be a FW book rather than a new GW Apoc edition:

Jon (not his real name, no permission was given) from the Faeit 212 inbox wrote:A new Apocalypse book is apparently in the works and will bring everything up on par with 6th edition. This rumor set has a release date somewhere around June/July. It looks like its going to be a busy summer around these parts.

Please remember that these are rumors.

via Jon (not his real name, no permission was given) from the Faeit 212 inbox
*New Forgeworld Apocalypse book set for release in June/ July
*Contents Include
-Rules for 6th edition including new point costs
-New formations including flying squadrons
-New Asset Card
-New Scenarios
-Battle Reports

and more...
From Faeit via Dakkadakka via Warseer...

Wolfshade
02-12-2013, 04:26 AM
So will this be in addition to Apocalypse and Apocalypse: Reloaded or will it be a relacement=?

DrLove42
02-12-2013, 04:51 AM
It would kinda make sense for it to be FW.

Apoc is FW's game really.

eldargal
02-12-2013, 05:09 AM
It would be nice if GW offloaded Apoc to FW completely and we got a new 6th edition version of it, but chances are this is just an update of FW things to bring it in line with 6th edition which still leaves Apocalypse needing a 6th ed revamp.

Or the source is mistaken and it is the GW 40k expansion that is rumoured to be coming. It is possible that a FW Apoc book is planned alongside it and someone has their wires crossed. But that is just speculation.

DrLove42
02-12-2013, 05:20 AM
Well the models in the GW apoc books are now "officially" GW'srules and FW can't change them, even when they're FW models. They told me that at one of the events

Mr Mystery
02-12-2013, 05:47 AM
Nids, Necrons and Dark Eldar are crying out for new Apocalypse. Most of the formations for them are either bobbins, or not possible any more!

Kirsten
02-12-2013, 05:52 AM
wouldn't make much sense for Forge World to do it. We already have Imperial Armour Apocalypse Second Edition. Wouldn't be a lot for them to put in a book, I would be very surprised if this wasn't a GW book.

eldargal
02-12-2013, 05:54 AM
I agree, but the chap fom Faeit says it is FW, hence the confusion. Having said that Faeit has a very mixed track record to put it mildly.

Learn2Eel
02-12-2013, 06:13 AM
As a Tyranid player, I'm very interested to see how they update the Hierophant for 6th Edition. Like, will it stop being a psyker and keep the Warp Field special rule? Will it lose its +2 armour save? How will some of its other biomorphs works? Etc.

Gotthammer
02-12-2013, 06:57 AM
Faeit basically puts up every rumour he gets that's remotely reliable, so who knows (and rumours seem to have been getting less accurate).

Apoc does need a rebuild IMO - the structure points to hull points system is a poor one IMO, though I've long thought it's been too easy to put super heavies out of action.

Kirsten
02-12-2013, 07:01 AM
I agree, but the chap fom Faeit says it is FW, hence the confusion. Having said that Faeit has a very mixed track record to put it mildly.

yeah I give him little to no credence for anything he reports.

DrLove42
02-12-2013, 07:04 AM
To me the 3 hull points to a SP and the current damage table is very punishing.

At the same time, Gargantuan creatures are generally cheaper, and are MUCH much harder to kill.

Some Strategic assets are based on rules that haven't existed since 4th edition and make no sense, while some like Flank March are hilariously broken

SotonShades
02-12-2013, 08:24 AM
All that said, I played a couple of games of Apoc a few weekends back, and we had a great time of it (even if one of the guys on the opposite side misunderstood the rules we made limiting superheavies/garganutan creatures... meaning they had a quarter as many points again as we did). It's not that Apocalypse doesn't work anymore, with the exception of certain datasheets and stratagems, just that you can't take it to the extremes and abuse it. I think that was always the case, but it has become easier to abuse.

I certainly welcome a revision though. A bit of a facelift, some new missions and datasheets. Certainly a major revision where Flank March is concerned, but all that is to be expected after GW have seen how the community has used Apoc since it's release.

Defenestratus
02-12-2013, 09:26 AM
We've made several changes to the apoc ruleset such as giving titans ceramite armor while they have void shields since titans just die way too quickly to massed meltaguns. We've also nerfed disruption beacons, taken out some of the strategems like the vortex grenade, jammers, and other silliness.

Then we pulled a card out of the 2nd edition hat and said that ALL strategems MUST be randomly generated/drawn.

Its made our games a lot more enjoyable - especially for my imperial titan guys who didn't have any fun when their 2 reavers got blasted off the board before they could even use it.

Bigred
02-12-2013, 10:35 AM
To be honest, a reboot of Apoc makes sense.

It was mass cash infusion for GW the first time and a bunch of those combo boxes were great. If they are looking for a short-term cash injection - it wound't hurt.

But, I agree that it should come from the main studio. FW books are too expensive and exclusive by their very nature. This would need to be something cheaper and available on shelves in every FLGS to be a success.

-L

Kirsten
02-12-2013, 11:29 AM
absolutely, a nice new book, ideally with another big kit or two, would be very welcome, and probably do very well I imagine.

Gotthammer
02-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Natfka just put up a correction (http://natfka.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/a-correction-from-yesterday-misplaced.html#more) that he accidentally added the word Forge World to his post.

DrLove42
02-12-2013, 12:14 PM
LOL. Wow

Thats quite a mistake to make

Rift Knight
02-12-2013, 08:33 PM
absolutely, a nice new book, ideally with another big kit or two, would be very welcome, and probably do very well I imagine.

C'mon Plastic Thunderhawk! I know the Imperium gets most of the love, but from a sales point it's just too juicy if the logistics are feasible.

Gir
02-13-2013, 12:48 AM
C'mon Plastic Thunderhawk! I know the Imperium gets most of the love, but from a sales point it's just too juicy if the logistics are feasible.

Now that I have a Forge World Thunderhawk, I really don't think there will be a plastic one. By my estimate, it will be a kit 3 times the size of a Baneblade.

bobrunnicles
02-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Now that I have a Forge World Thunderhawk, I really don't think there will be a plastic one. By my estimate, it will be a kit 3 times the size of a Baneblade.

So you think a plastic Manta is unlikely then? Lol ;)

Kirsten
02-13-2013, 12:33 PM

plastic Mars pattern warhound.

I would buy about five...

Mr Mystery
02-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Long rumoured as well....

Though one would imagine FW would want to have made a profit on that kit first! Just postulation on my part though!

Deadlift
02-13-2013, 01:55 PM

To be fair, Faeit just passes on the info that comes his way.