PDA

View Full Version : 1k gk

BatMarine
02-10-2013, 04:09 PM
I just got a hold of a lot of Grey Knights, where I'm at here in Brazil a lot of the people don't have terribly large collections, and it's a more casual environment so asking for help on a list isn't really a big thing. I realize though that GK don't really have a lot of flexibility in 1k points so I figure I'd bounce some ideas off. I have a lot of power armored guys with weapons other than swords, so I decided I might be better off using the Crowe Purifier build than plan Strikers. I feel like in such a low points value it's more important to get that extra bang for each point, and since I won't have the points to get that many extra bodies, I may as well use the Purifiers to get more special guns and melee weapons (mostly to deal with the BA Jumpers player here)

What I have is this, though I do have a large amount of flexibility in options, so feel free to comment with whatever.

Total: 999

Crowe (Cost omitted in case of problems)

10 Purifiers (286)
3 Psycannons
1 incinerator
3 Halberds
2 Hammers

10 Purifiers (303)
2 Incinerators
4 Halberds
2 Hammers
Nemesis Warding Staff (Justicar)
Psybolt ammo

1 Nemesis Dread Knight (260)
Great Sword
Incinerator
Teleporter

There isn't a lot of vehicle presence here, so I think the one squad sitting back and shooting the psycannons should do alright in 1k, along with the Dread Knight rushing anything else. I put one incinerator in the shooting purifiers for overwatch, I might drop down on the other weapons though. The second squad is meant to be a more forward team, thus the Psybolt to allow them to move and do solid damage, and double incinerator for anti-charge or clearing an objective. I took the Warding Staff for Challenge bait. I'm not sure if this will work out alright though, I might just run normal strikers to get more bodies, but I don't think I'm likely to get that many more tbh...

Another option of course is to trade out the Dread Knight for a squad of interceptors maybe, but I think the DK adds a big, hard to deal with threat, which will allow my troops to be safer, where as the Interceptors would just be more dudes in power armor. I'm not a big fan of the squads of non power armored coteaz units, nor do I really have anything to use as them, so that's really the only thing I can't include.