PDA

View Full Version : Bolter and Chainsword question

LordGrise
02-09-2013, 11:08 PM
So I'm looking for information on Renegade but not Chaos Marine units, and I find this link to an article on the Flame Falcons. It goes to a site called Chainsword and Bolter. This site demands I register before they'll show me anything - which seems odd, and rather desperate for membership.

Anyone know anything about this site? Anyone out there members? Is it a legit site, or just trolling for members with no real content?

mysterex
02-10-2013, 03:56 AM
I've looked at Bolterandchainsword.com a few times if that's the one you mean. I've never needed to register and I've just checked back and still don't.

They've been around for years and are mainly focussed on space marines & chaos space marines.

Skalver
02-10-2013, 06:01 AM
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/ is very certainly a legit site. One of the biggest and most active 40k communities on the internet and if you play one of the space marine armies (or Imperial Guard are on there now too) then it is well worth joining.

Renegade
02-10-2013, 07:17 AM
So I'm looking for information on Renegade but not Chaos Marine units, and I find this link to an article on the Flame Falcons. It goes to a site called Chainsword and Bolter. This site demands I register before they'll show me anything - which seems odd, and rather desperate for membership.

Anyone know anything about this site? Anyone out there members? Is it a legit site, or just trolling for members with no real content?

A very good site. No trolling as the mods come down hard on that kind of thing, also no xeno.

It doesn't normally ask you to register to see content, that has me puzzled.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
02-10-2013, 07:46 AM
I don't think it lets you see member profiles without being logged in - perhaps the link you found lead to a journal entry in a profile.

zenjah
02-10-2013, 10:40 AM
I think you interpreted the words "Register now to gain access to all of our features" a little too broadly. You don't have to register to read the forums. You only need to register if you want access to "all features" such as posting topics and replies.

Kevin48220
02-10-2013, 11:08 AM
I'm a member on that site, and it's legit. There are specific forums for the various Marine types, including a forum for Chaos players. There's not a specific section on renegade chapters, but it's a topic that shows up there pretty regularly in the different areas. That's usually where a player is looking to run a chapter from one codex or another as a renegade chapter, and is looking for advice on units, paint schemes, or the viability of doing that relative to the fluff.

If you are a marine player, it's a great site. The discussion there is entirely on power armor forces and the mods are good on shutting down off-topic stuff and trolling. The discussion there is generally civil.

LordGrise
02-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Thank you, folks.