PDA

View Full Version : Sponsons on Valkyrie/Vendetta

walrusman999
02-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Question for you guys, the Valkyrie/Vendetta can pick up Heavy Bolter sponsons for 10 points.

Does anyone know what the firing arc is like for those sponsons?

More importantly Can they fire strait forward (much like the rest of the guns are required to do)?

Would free up an extra 30 points if they can't fire forward and are limited to shooting sideways.

Nabterayl
02-08-2013, 12:50 PM
As with all sponsons, they have a traverse of whatever the gun can do if assembled but not glued in place (i.e., they traverse until stopped by the model) and an elevation/depression of whatever the unglued model can do or 45 degrees, whichever is greater. I don't have a Valkyrie but my impression has always been that the heavy bolter sponsons cannot physically face forward. Apparently you do have a model, though, so check me on that.

Kyban
02-08-2013, 12:54 PM
They are door guns, I believe they can point straight forward but haven't completely assembled my model yet so can't tell you 100%.

DWest
02-08-2013, 01:06 PM
They cannot aim directly forward; there is a bit of "shoulder" which holds the wing on that the gun bumps up against, limiting the arc to about 30 degrees off forward.

Nabterayl
02-08-2013, 02:36 PM
They cannot aim directly forward; there is a bit of "shoulder" which holds the wing on that the gun bumps up against, limiting the arc to about 30 degrees off forward.

This was my understanding as well. That might be enough to hit an infantry target ahead of the Valkyrie, depending on its disposition, but the door guns don't have the capability to shoot straight forward.

walrusman999
02-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Whelp... Good buy sponsons. Hello spending 30 points on something else.