-Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod

Dreadnought
-Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod

Fast Attack
Land Speeder Storm

Fortification
Aegis D-Line
-Quad Gun

The basic scheme is to drop the dreads behind enemy lines to pop tanks and/or barbecue infantry. The HQs get in the LRC with the Hammers and pick the most important unit on the enemy side for death. The The scouts in the storm will outflank and grab any loose objectives. The tacticals in the pod will pop any vehicles left on turn 2 and capture and objective they can. The other tacticals will man the gun to help discourage fliers.

Comments and questions are appreciated!

Whereswaldo
02-08-2013, 10:00 AM
I would drop the scouts, land speeder storm, and trim 2 terminators off the squad. Add in more Tactical squads into your lists and if your using Vulkan make sure your getting the most out of your twin-linked. I would swap the Land Raider to Redeemer to get twin-linked flamestorms. Your taking a ADL with the Tactical squad with a missile launcher manning it (I assume) if so add flakk on it and get the most out of your anti-air unit.

In your drop pod Tacticals I would outfit - meltagun, multi-melta, combi-melta instead of using a flamer (get the most out of your anti-armor units)
If your going Vulkan I would outfit your dreads Multi-Melta / DCCW with Heavy Flamer.

Vulkan {Attached to the Terminators inside the Land Raider Redeemer}

10 Man Tactical (meltagun, multi-melta, combi-melta, drop pod)
10 Man Tactical (Flamer, Missile Launcher with Flakk)
10 Man Tactical (Flamer, Missile Launcher with Flakk)
{One of the 10 man Tacticals with Flakk is attached to the Aegis Defense Line}

5 Terminators (Thunder Hammers, Storm Shields) {Deployed inside the Land Raider Redeemer}

Dreadnought (Multi-melta, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod)
Dreadnought (Multi-melta, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod)

Land Raider Redeemer (Multi-Melta) - Rock those twin-linked Flamestorm Cannons

Aegis Defense Line (Quad Gun)

Whereswaldo
02-08-2013, 10:00 AM
I did not do the points up exactly ... but I would do something along these lines.

DWest
02-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Keep in mind though, Vulkan's ability doesn't affect Flamestorm cannons.

Camael
02-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Waldo, I want to make the most out of the hammers, hence 7 and my dreads are what you said. Also, I don't get flak missiles
West, That is why I am using a crusader! Well, that and more people get to ride!

Whereswaldo
02-08-2013, 01:18 PM
My bad, thought it was any flame or melta type - any type variant of crusader is fine if your using them for terminator delivery, I would put vulkan in with the terminators though - with BRB I was under the impression that all codex space marine chapters have the flakk missile upgrade option (FAQ?).

You need more scoring units from the first list - scouts are worthless - and keep in mind to get the most out of vulkan's powers since your paying for them.

DWest
02-08-2013, 03:15 PM
West, That is why I am using a crusader! Well, that and more people get to ride!
Sorry, I should have thrown a quote in my post, I was responding to Waldo's recommendation of a Redeemer. I very nearly ended up with a Redeemer myself before double-checking that rule.

Camael
02-08-2013, 04:07 PM
You need more scoring units from the first list - scouts are worthless - and keep in mind to get the most out of vulkan's powers since your paying for them.

Hmm, I figure I can get 3 objectives relatively easily, one behind my d-line with a combat squad, one with the other half with the ML and then the scouts grab another one at the last second. I am not planning on using the scouts for anything other than grabbing an objective and going to ground. They are not going to be fighting, just hiding.

Does anyone else think I need more scoring units?

Kaijne
02-08-2013, 07:54 PM
2 and a half scoring units does seem to be cutting it to the bone, though maybe it will work out if your opponents are concentrating fire on your droppers and land raider. It's closer than i like to cut it at 1750.

Camael
02-08-2013, 09:29 PM
2 and a half scoring units does seem to be cutting it to the bone, though maybe it will work out if your opponents are concentrating fire on your droppers and land raider. It's closer than i like to cut it at 1750.

That was the general plan. I was also hoping the dropping tactical squad could grab one in a pinch. So here is the next question, how do I fit another scoring unit?

Kaijne
02-08-2013, 10:23 PM
If it were me, i'd drop the librarian, the land speeder storm and the scouts and see how many points that nets you. The librarian doesn't force multiply the squad he hangs out with, other than forcing whatever they are in assault with to re-roll successful invulnerable saves. Handy, but not that handy

Camael
02-10-2013, 09:46 AM
If it were me, i'd drop the librarian, the land speeder storm and the scouts and see how many points that nets you. The librarian doesn't force multiply the squad he hangs out with, other than forcing whatever they are in assault with to re-roll successful invulnerable saves. Handy, but not that handy

So, dropping what you told me to drop nets me a total of 235 points. I can spend 215 on another tactical squad in a drop pod with flamer, multi-melta, combimelta. This leaves me with 20 points for a deathwind launcher on a drop pod. Any suggestion what I should do with those points?

Kaijne
02-10-2013, 10:57 PM
add a combi melta to the sergeant that doesn't have one, and then maybe melta bombs on the three sergeants, or your suggestion of a deathwind launcher. That is usually entertaining

Whereswaldo
02-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Forgefather Vulkan He’stan – 190 {Attached to the Assault Terminator Unit}

Assault Terminators (5 Space Marine Terminators, Thunder Hammers & Storm Shields) – 200 {Deployed Inside the Land Raider Crusader}

Tactical Squad (1 Sergeant with Combi-Flamer , 9 Space Marines, 1 Flamer, 1 Multi-Melta, Drop Pod) – 180

Tactical Squad (1 Sergeant with Combi-Flamer , 9 Space Marines, 1 Flamer, 1 Multi-Melta, Drop Pod) – 180

Tactical Squad (1 Sergeant with Combi-Melta , 9 Space Marines, 1 Melta Gun, 1 Multi-Melta, Drop Pod) – 185

Tactical Squad (1 Sergeant with Combi-Melta , 9 Space Marines, 1 Melta Gun, 1 Multi-Melta, Drop Pod) – 185

Land Speeder (Heavy Flamer, Multi-Melta) – 70

Land Speeder (Heavy Flamer, Multi-Melta) – 70

Land Raider Crusader (Multi-Melta) – 260

Vindicator – 115

Vindicator – 115

= 1750

Just Saying ....

Kaijne
02-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Thats a very different take on a similar list, and i like it alot

Camael
02-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Waldo, I really like that! The one thing that I would change would be that I would drop the Multimelta and turn the crusader into a redeemer to pay for siege shields on the vindicators.

Whereswaldo
02-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Ya just something to think about =)