PDA

View Full Version : See you on the other side

DarkLink
02-08-2013, 12:45 AM
So I'm leaving for USMC Officer Candidate School in a couple of days. Suffice to say, for the next 10 weeks, I won't have much time left for reading about gaming, or posting random political rants.

Here's a related motivational video for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efdEgexGPzk

ElectricPaladin
02-08-2013, 01:30 AM
Congrats. I understand that they don't take just anyone, so you must be at least slightly special. Don't worry, we here at BoLS will take all the credit.

Seriously - good luck to you. Catch you on the far side. Remember, you are the hammer.

Wolfshade
02-08-2013, 02:46 AM
Take care and we'll see you on the other side

Psychosplodge
02-08-2013, 03:13 AM
Congrats. I understand that they don't take just anyone, so you must be at least slightly special. Don't worry, we here at BoLS will take all the credit.
I thought they offered the marines as an alternative to prison?

Seriously if it's what you want to do I hope it goes well for you.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
02-08-2013, 03:23 AM
Hope it all runs smoothly for you Link, gods watch over you.

Godless Zealot
02-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Good luck dude! I always found your posts interesting to read whether about gaming or otherwise! ;) Semper Fi!

DarkLink
02-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the support, everyone. Tomorrow is the pre-ship brief, and the last supper with the family, and then a plane super early in the morning. See you all in three months:).

My only regret is missing the Bay Area Open. Everyone who can should go, though I think they're sold out. Reece, Frankie and the others throw an awesome event. And if you do go, you should voice some support for a lot of the cool ideas that they have for future events, like double-list 40k tournaments.

Anyways, thanks all!

Nabterayl
02-09-2013, 10:24 PM
Good luck, sir! I look forward to your return.

Chris Copeland
02-10-2013, 04:49 PM
DarkLink,
Semper Fi! Good luck, brother. I am a veteran of the Marine Corps. I was a Sergeant in the 1990s. I am proud of you and wish you well. My uncle, who was a Jarhead in the 70s, told me something that helped me get through the rough parts of boot camp: "Remember that 100,000s have done this before you and that 100,000s will do this after you. Suck it up and do it." Simple words but they stuck with me and helped me keep my perspective when things were tough in Boot... anyhoo: Semper Fi. Good luck. See you on the other side! Cope