PDA

View Full Version : Help finding conversion bits

BatMarine
02-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Hey guys, I recently happened upon a counts as Grey Knights army converted into 1k sons. I'm a big fan of the bits, but so far I've found that the two places I might look to get more have stopped carrying them. For the basic troopers this isn't much of an issue, I can easily use 1k sons conversion kits if I want to expand in that area, but the terminator torsos are what I'm a little sad that I may not be able to find any more...

Below are pictures of the terminators. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get more, or where I can find other terminator conversion torsos (not necessarily just Egyptian themed, but sites for terminator torso/head kits in general even) I would really appreciate the tip!

Brakkart
02-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Not sure if you will find what you are looking for here, but they have a pretty good range of kits that they stock bits from and there is a forum where you can request restocks of particular kits. Also email alerts can be set on the exact bits you want so you'll get told as soon as they are back in stock. I've bought from them a couple times now and have no complaints.

http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/

mysterex
02-08-2013, 03:45 AM
Try Scribor miniatures. http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?group=70

They make some really nice stuff. I bought some of their sholder pads and was really impressed with the level of details.

Renegade
02-08-2013, 06:37 AM
Hey guys, I recently happened upon a counts as Grey Knights army converted into 1k sons. I'm a big fan of the bits, but so far I've found that the two places I might look to get more have stopped carrying them. For the basic troopers this isn't much of an issue, I can easily use 1k sons conversion kits if I want to expand in that area, but the terminator torsos are what I'm a little sad that I may not be able to find any more...

Below are pictures of the terminators. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get more, or where I can find other terminator conversion torsos (not necessarily just Egyptian themed, but sites for terminator torso/head kits in general even) I would really appreciate the tip!

Dude, there is an add in the right side (looking at it) bottom of the site for Spikey Bitz.... I mean, seriously!?

BatMarine
02-08-2013, 07:39 AM
I tend to ignore ad banners as a reaction of being on the internet, no need to be rude...

Everyone else, thank you! I have also found some cool stuff in puppets war.

Learn2Eel
02-09-2013, 02:44 AM
This sounds like a great project, I'm curious as to how you will convert up some of the more unique units - such as Dreadknights and the like.
As for Terminator heads, I seem to recall Rubric Terminators in an Apocalypse data-sheet from a few years ago - I can't remember what heads they used, but if it is more convenient, maybe getting the Thousand Sons pack from GW could be a good option.
I'm eager to see how this goes :D