PDA

View Full Version : Grey Knights/IG vs. Eldar/IG 1850p Text recap

Lost Vyper
02-07-2013, 10:58 AM
1850p and i went against the Grey Knights, who had some IG henchmen! My IG troops were sizzling with anger and vowed retaliation for their hanus acts. I left WWīs, Hornet (2xSL), Marbo, Vendetta (Lord Comissar+Veterans) in the reserves. All outflanking, except Marbo of course. Opponent stole the initiative (with two dice, it ainīt that hard...)
TURN 1
His Dredknight launged forward and he had everything on the table (Assassin infiltrated) and Deathstar + 30” jumping Interceptors(? Cant recall...) all moved forward. His Trait was -1 for my reserve rolls and i had the same for him (did me nothing, since he had no reserves...). Dred got the first blood, by destroying my Chaimera and glanced a Hornet with the same annoying Torrent flamer. Only 3 meltaguns and a Sargeant survived and held morale, but were pinned. Assassin tried Turbo Penetrate my WS with Eldrad, but i made my 4+ cover save. As he ran his other troops closer, my turn began. Got thos IG Veterans up and shuffled the WS and the Hornet away from the Dred. On the other side, my other WS moved 12 and the Hornet shuffled. I shot everything to the Dred and got one (1!!) wound as a result.
TURN 2
Second turn began and he moved closer. Dred blasted the WS away and the Interceptors (letīs just call them that) smoked the IG Veterans. Amazingly Dred failed itīs assault charge!!! This was the first stroke of good luck (Fortuned WS got blown etc...) for me.
I was going to charge Eldrad, but remembered, that they ”disembarked” :) in the last turn.
My reserves ALL came in! First time ever! I got the WWīs & a Hornet from the ”left side” and the Vendetta from the ”right” (Hammer and Anvli deployment). First time playing IG and i killed Marbo...I forgot the DAMN ”Iīve Been Expecting you” -rule and Coteaz and the boys shot him to pieces when he appeared too close to them...
So i concentrated all the fire to the Doomed Dred and i cut him finally down (if he hadnīt been doomed, it wouldnīt have happenned).
TURN 3
Interceptors closed in on the DAīs+Eldrad. Deathstar took the objective in the middle and got the ”re-roll ones” on it. Assassin shot and broke Eldrads Rune Armour (GREAT! :( ). After that it was a barb-a-q...Deathstar shot also, and all that was left, was Exarch and three DAīs (SWL for him) and their morale held (for once!). On my turn i turned the Vendetta 90 degrees and moved 18” towards middle and Chuted the Veterans out (who got 10” off in the wrong direction). Then i boosted the surviving WS 12”+18” (in the shooting phase) towards his board edge. Shuffled the Hornets and WWīs. I shot the BLīs on to his Chaimera (from a Hornet) and three meltas from 10” away and got 2 HPīs off and a SHAKEN result (muthaf...)! Others supported the reloading DAīs and i killed few Interceptors (about four was left), but got the Flamers killed at least.
TURN 4
He moved his Chaimera and got them evil IG dudes out. Thank God he was shaken, no flamer shots (he had three in the unit)! Deathstar moved a bit, so they got WWīs in their range and it was adios to the WWīs. Remaining Interceptors shot and assulted the DAīs.
Assassin moved in to a better position targetting the IG Veterans, but was out of pistol range. DAīs held their own, lost two and killed one, morale held (Power Maul is the shiznit!). On my turn i started to cut down the Terminators with Hornets. Vendetta flew to reserves and i moved the WS to blast the Chaimera, which was blown and killed about 6 evil IG dudes! Rest of them were cut down by my IG. Terminators got cut down, Justicar was slain. DA CC was a draw, Exarch remained and one of his troops.
TURN 5
Justicar got up and got the objective. His remaining Deathstar shot my IG and i went to ground (NIGHTFIGHTING!!), lost a few men, held morale. DA Exarch slayed the last troop and started his approach to the objective. Assassin shot the Hornet (with BLīs), but cover save was made. On my turn, i ran the DA Exarch closer to the objective on the ”right”. All of the Hornets and the returning Vendetta and the Bladestorming DAīs shot the Termies killing few. IG got up and took potshots to Assassin, but missed all of them and were about 5” from an objective.
TURN 6
Justicar moved closer and shot the DA Exarch (one missed save is enuff...) and held the objective in the middle. Coteaz and the Grandmaster (both wounded) shot and assaulted the DAīs killing few. Assassin Precision shot the Lord Comissar.
Then...the Eldar...IG moved and ran to cover the objective. WS and ALL of the Hornets and the Vendetta shot Justicar and killed him.

Game ended on turn 6, finally tally...

Eldar 4 (Linebreaker & an Objective)
Gray Knights 2 (Slay the Warlord & First Blood)

IG allies worked well, best of any allies i have tested. I will use them again, Vendetta is just sick, 130p!!!

-Lost Vyper

walrusman999
02-07-2013, 03:58 PM
You lost a turn with the vendetta flying off table, remember they can hover and you can declare that at the beginning of a movement phase. You could have had the lascannons for an extra turn. Might have changed something who knows. Just a little reminder for you. :) All in all well played, seems like he had the upper hand with his death star and "interceptors" but once you took out his dread knight he fell apart pretty quickly. Watch out for those assassins btw they can be nasty if used right.

Lost Vyper
02-08-2013, 01:36 AM
Yep, second time ever trying the fliers, must.remember.hover.mode...check. They were Interceptors, checked it from GW-page. Yep, Assassin with that "Iīll break your armor" -shot is devastating. He has TWO of those Dreds, so i can see my future playing against him going up in flames :)...well, better come prepared...the 30" Jump is so annoying and you can only keep so much in reserves, thank God i didnīt bring Pathfinders after the last barbecue...